·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
and heres a side and rear shot of a Challenger R/T tester. This one had no lettering on the grille but it also had no SRT exclusive spoiler so this is probably a late stage R/T tester. There was also a media event at CTC that was probably Challenger related and thats probably why there was a multitude of challengers out and about today.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg317/Orochi555/01%20Malibu%20LS/Challengers%20Galore/IMG_00781.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg317/Orochi555/01 Malibu LS/Challengers Galore/IMG_0077.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that last shot.

Thanks I like this shot of the three challengers better than the last one because its clearer and the red one is parked at a better angle than the first one. I just had to include the first one though because it was the only workable angle that looked good when they were in line

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Those are some good shots. The car looks awesome. I'm a little nervous about that rear shot. It looks tall and narrow which is the exact opposite of low and mean looking. I'm hoping it's just a distortion problem with the shot.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are some good shots. The car looks awesome. I'm a little nervous about that rear shot. It looks tall and narrow which is the exact opposite of low and mean looking. I'm hoping it's just a distortion problem with the shot.
I hope so too I use a canon powershot with a image stabilizer and not a fancy SLR but the picture your referring too was done with no zoom due to him being in front of me. However it could be a distortion problem due to it being shot through the windshield and not the passenger side window like my last shot. However that scenario seems unlikely

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I hope so too I use a canon powershot with a image stabilizer and not a fancy SLR but the picture your referring too was done with no zoom due to him being in front of me. However it could be a distortion problem due to it being shot through the windshield and not the passenger side window like my last shot. However that scenario seems unlikely
The windshield is a possibility. I just can't imagine it really looks that tall and narrow because I have seen a million 300's and tall and narrow never comes to mind.

Keep that camera handy!! Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your welcome and I always keep the camera handy every time I'm on the road (you never know what might be out and about in the wild) and will continue to do so on future trips to CTC and also to Michigan proving Ground out in Romeo

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Those are some great pics there......I like the last shot (as everyone else seems too ;))....the Challenger looks esp. good in red I think :D

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
If they would've only made it smaller.....

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you for the compliments guys I had alot of fun taking these photos. Also I do agree with you Haskell they could've made the Challenger a little smaller but size aside this is a good looking car

·
Registered
114 Posts
i ran across this article that has a whole bunch of pictures of the challenger from the chicago auto show.. just thought i'd throw these out there, with the new york show coming up. the chrysler president has been telling us "just wait for new york" for a while.. i can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
858 Posts
In this shot you can see the rear spoilers. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg317/Orochi555/01 Malibu LS/Challengers Galore/IMG_0080.jpg

Now that said all the auto show pics, the cars have black spoilers on the trunk lid. These are body color in the pics. The wheels are also different from the other press release and auto show pics. I am wondering if these cars might be different models, and not the 08' SRTs that are coming out soon. It was my understanding that this car was going to offered in V6 and 5.7 Hemi trim along with the special edition SRT models. With the smaller rims and slightly different trim I am wondering if these are pics some of the other versions do out in the fall as 09's ????

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So far I like the Challenger the best out of the 3 retro mobiles.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
In this shot you can see the rear spoilers. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg317/Orochi555/01%20Malibu%20LS/Challengers%20Galore/IMG_0080.jpg

Now that said all the auto show pics, the cars have black spoilers on the trunk lid. These are body color in the pics. The wheels are also different from the other press release and auto show pics. I am wondering if these cars might be different models, and not the 08' SRTs that are coming out soon. It was my understanding that this car was going to offered in V6 and 5.7 Hemi trim along with the special edition SRT models. With the smaller rims and slightly different trim I am wondering if these are pics some of the other versions do out in the fall as 09's ????

They could be R/T's and the black one pictured could be a V6 tester but I don't know for sure. Duspinnst might be able to answer that one though he has helped clear up other chrysler related questions like this in the past

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
There's an every-Saturday event in Los Angeles called Cars and Coffee. Car guys take their cars to Mazda HQ in Irvine and show off their rides... and have coffee. It's basically the best car show on Earth, every Saturday.

Chrysler brought a Challenger SRT-8 to last Saturday's Cars and Coffee. Go to the link on the watermark for more CnC pictures.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts