GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah I'd take a Vette over that any day. BTW, does the Vette sell well in Europe?? I know it will keep up with popular European sports cars for the same price so you'd think there was a market for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by ibechip@May 11 2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah I'd take a Vette over that any day. BTW, does the Vette sell well in Europe?? I know it will keep up with popular European sports cars for the same price so you'd think there was a market for it.
you're an idiot

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by phishndave+May 11 2004, 04:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phishndave @ May 11 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ibechip@May 11 2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah I'd take a Vette over that any day.  BTW, does the Vette sell well in Europe??  I know it will keep up with popular European sports cars for the same price so you'd think there was a market for it.
you're an idiot [/b][/quote]
be nice... ;)

I think Porsche's are boring :rudolph:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Porsches may be boring to look at, but they're hellafun to drive. Especially with 4wd. (911 C4S)

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 11 2004, 11:06 PM
Porsches may be boring to look at, but they're hellafun to drive. Especially with 4wd. (911 C4S)
I guess the drive is the catch, because the silhouette is getting a little tired... Just a little.

·
Super Moderator
4,253 Posts
Okay, this retro craze has gone way too far! I mean, do people miss the '93 911 that much where they had to go do a retro car of it? Maybe GM could've styled the C6 to look like a C4, then Car & Driver could have a nostalgia comparo.

·
Super Moderator
4,253 Posts
Originally posted by phishndave@May 11 2004, 05:47 PM

you're an idiot
Troll.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Originally posted by phishndave+May 11 2004, 10:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phishndave @ May 11 2004, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ibechip@May 11 2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah I'd take a Vette over that any day.  BTW, does the Vette sell well in Europe??  I know it will keep up with popular European sports cars for the same price so you'd think there was a market for it.
you're an idiot [/b][/quote]
wow excuse me for asking a question

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is why they unvieled the C6 conv at Geneva (Europe), hoping to boost sales there, especially since convertables are so popular out East

·
Banned
895 Posts
NEW? Yawn. Change at Porsche looks like a new color pallette and a price increase.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Uhm. The 911 has always looked pretty much the same. It evolves, just like the Corvette. Sure, the difference between the C1 and C6 is pretty pronounced, but between generations the style hasn't changed a whole lot. Many of you who are complaining about this 911 being boring and "not new" are the same who praised the C6 for being exciting and new, when it looked like little more than a mildly updated C5.

But I guess I still expect too much of some of you when I point out the hypocrisy here.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I think it looks good. Very smooth, but the headlights are odd. I loved the old headlights and how they were shapped. Very modern. As for the retro-ness of this car, the Porsche 911 has never really changed its shape since it came out. I love the new lines, but not the neadlights. I like it, but I'd get a C6. I want to see how a Z51 keeps up with the 911. 400hp base with big cross-drilled rotors, smaller body, longer wheelbase, tight body... the 911 is gunna have to do a lot to keep ahead of the C6 now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll say here what I said in another forum: you guys just don't understand. This car isn't retro, it's a 911. The 996 was far removed from the design of all previous 911s, and now they're going back to the front-end design that makes a 911 a 911: the round headlamps and separate turn-signals. It's an evolution, just like the Vette, although even more subtle. If you ask me, this car is awesome. It also separates it more from the Boxster, which will also be redesigned in the next year or two. The 997 also gets a nice new engine in the Carrera S (3.8-liter for 355 hp).

·
Super Moderator
4,253 Posts
Originally posted by awalbert88@May 11 2004, 10:22 PM
Uhm.  The 911 has always looked pretty much the same.  It evolves, just like the Corvette.  Sure, the difference between the C1 and C6 is pretty pronounced, but between generations the style hasn't changed a whole lot.  Many of you who are complaining about this 911 being boring and "not new" are the same who praised the C6 for being exciting and new, when it looked like little more than a mildly updated C5.

But I guess I still expect too much of some of you when I point out the hypocrisy here.
Whatever. You're not going to see a Taurus-shaped 911, so don't call us hypocrates because you're bitter about that.

I get so tired of the fools like this clown who come here with unconstructive criticism of those of us who support GM product. I have no problem with somebody who has a different point of you than me, but at least have something to say intead of just name-calling.

What do you drive, awalbert88? A Capri?

·
Super Moderator
4,253 Posts
Originally posted by heat_fan1@May 11 2004, 10:55 PM
I'll say here what I said in another forum: you guys just don't understand.  This car isn't retro, it's a 911.  The 996 was far removed from the design of all previous 911s, and now they're going back to the front-end design that makes a 911 a 911: the round headlamps and separate turn-signals.  It's an evolution, just like the Vette, although even more subtle.  If you ask me, this car is awesome.  It also separates it more from the Boxster, which will also be redesigned in the next year or two.  The 997 also gets a nice new engine in the Carrera S (3.8-liter for 355 hp).
awalbert88 should take notes from this guy!

I don't agree with his take, but it's coherent, makes sense and doesn't involve name-calling.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
you could show me this porsche and i wouldn't know that it's not the current version. after reading here i realise that the headlights are totally different, but at a glance, to the untrained eye (such as mine), there's not much to distinguish different generations of porsches. but i'm sure that anyone who'd be seriosuly considering a porsche would know the difference. i happen to be more interested in the corvette, and am therefore a little biased, but i do see, relatively speaking, greater changes to the newest version. exposed versus hidden headlights, for one! but the porsche 911 doesn't answer to anyone, and a gentle evolution is in keeping with what the porsche is all about.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts