GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pontiac.com/g8/
FINALLY, the "coming early 2008" and the mini-site are gone, in place of a normal site for the car, complete with some sweet music , a better "build it", and a little widget with all of the contests in it. Still can't use the Locate a Vehicle, but it's a step closer :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, it looks like the price of the package I would want (Premium + All Seasons, which had gone from $1400-$2000) is back to $1400. Woohoo!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Still nothing up on the GM Buy Power site or the FamilyFirst Buy Power page. They had only one at the Minneapolis Auto Show - it was on a turntable and unaccessible (unlike in Chicago). GM's going to manage to blow the launch of this one too - they should have information (if not cars) ready to go when all the press hit a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Timing is about right. My local dealer is expecting their first G8s sometime in the next 2 weeks. I can't wait to see them, but this better site will do for now.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The new vibe is also up. The "build your own" section is scary. I had a very hard time making one that didn't make me want to vomit. This was the best I could do.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
$33k MSRP for a v8 G8 with Premium and Sport packages. Not bad.

Factor in all the future rebates and discounts, $33k would probably be the OTD price. That's a good deal.

No manual... sucks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can't wait till they come in, I really want one, but am going to wait till the fall. My local dealer actually had a new Vibe in stock. Not bad looking. Saw a new Matrix on the road, and it looks like crap

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
No supposed to be releasing a manual in the V8 GT at the end of the 08 season.
The more up-to-date info that was suggested in the first round of press stories is that the manual would be a GXP only. My guess is that its pretty hard to get the cylinder cut-off to work with a manual transmission as the computer isn't fully in control of all the inputs. The LS3 doesn't have cylinder cutoff and so the manual is in.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I can't wait to see the new colors available on the '09 models. The grey, white, and black are nice, but I'm not a fan of the blue-purple, and bright red looks out of place on a large sedan IMO.

I would sure like a Dr. Pepper red though.

Of course, since the '08's are not even at my local dealers, I may be jumping the gun a bit...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I thought some SS Holden wheels came with the Sport Package, I'm not seeing them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought some SS Holden wheels came with the Sport Package, I'm not seeing them.

Oh yeah, you are right. Maybe a mistake with the new site? It was on the mini-site not too long ago. But now the rims don't seem to change.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The sport package wheels are those 19" shown on the Holden SS model above. For some reason, the website is showing only the V6 model wheels. The mini-site used to show the V6 wheels, GT wheels and sport package wheels.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The sport package wheels are those 19" shown on the Holden SS model above. For some reason, the website is showing only the V6 model wheels. The mini-site used to show the V6 wheels, GT wheels and sport package wheels.
I agree, I submitted a comment to the website using their e-mail form to notify them of the mistake - at least in Firefox it's a mistake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts