GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Re: The official bebut of the Buick Excelle and the Buick Enclave in China

you can't, and the new one is superior in every way. Still cutting corners with no integrated switchgear and fishprice seat belts, but an improvement. I really like the gauge cluster.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

Well, that is better than the old Excelle, but judging from what we've seen from the new LaCrosse spy shots, that type of design won't fly over in th US anymore. It looks cheap. It looks Daewoo. Yuck. China can keep the Excelle. The Enclave and the new LaCrosse have set a new standard for Buick, and this doesn't meet it.

Another look at the Chinese LaCrosse and the old Excelle from when I was in China last year. This picture was taken outside Delphi's operations in Shanghai :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

If the old Excelle sold quite well, which we all know it did, his one will be a huge hit.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Ugh...this car is depressing on so many levels.

First off, it has DVD nav, intergrated radio, and back up camera, while cars like the Malibu, Aura, current LaX, Impala, and several other important cars do not.
But it also has some really cheezy and chintzy interior parts...but perfect for China.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
I am sure by 2013 there will be something similar, but hopefully fixing the cheap interior bits in the U.S. to help meet CAFE and maybe even keep a few of the fixed budget blue hair crowd since the LaCrosse and Lucerne will be shooting upmarket very soon.

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Dag-Nab-It....
Now that is a nice looking interior.

I really like those 'Switch-Blade' keys too...

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
Ugh...this car is depressing on so many levels.

First off, it has DVD nav, intergrated radio, and back up camera, while cars like the Malibu, Aura, current LaX, Impala, and several other important cars do not.
But it also has some really cheezy and chintzy interior parts...but perfect for China.
But you certainly wouldn't be complaining if it were in a Cobalt, now would you?
And how about the coolness of the switchblade keys??

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
But you certainly wouldn't be complaining if it were in a Cobalt, now would you?
And how about the coolness of the switchblade keys??
When he gets a tad older and wondering why his body is hurting more and more he will come to appreciate a Buick from whatever country... :D

Thing about Al is I think he is older then his profile says he is.
He just acts older. Err...mature...

Al, I can see you in a big new cushy Buick in a few years saying ..."ahhhh...." hehe!
He will be a convert yet...

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Other than a few cheap interior parts, like the obvious steering wheel, the interior is really really nice. China gets a refresh on its small car, while North America still has the same Cobalt :D

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I wish we still got red, white and blue emblems.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I wish we still got red, white and blue emblems.
As do I. I think they look better and also add a little something. These plain emblems just look bland. GMC is red, Chevy's bowtie is usually red, blue or gold. To me, it just adds something...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
As do I. I think they look better and also add a little something. These plain emblems just look bland. GMC is red, Chevy's bowtie is usually red, blue or gold. To me, it just adds something...
It adds an American identity. That's why Chinese Buicks still have them.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
The shields on the Buick are actually Alexander Dunbar Buick's Scottish coat of arms ;)

The model by the Enclave might be hot (are they aiming at rich women?), but the trousers are absolutely atrocious and hillarious at the same time. Whoever's in charge of marketing of Buick in China would better be on their way out...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The shields on the Buick are actually Alexander Dunbar Buick's Scottish coat of arms ;)
Well, there's a new one on me. :D I guess I can't know everything. :p:

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
The interior looks very nice in these pictures. The design of the interior certainly is nice but I do notice some cheap elements, like the awful control stalk. Overall though it's pretty good.Like I said before though, people shouldn't be clamoring for this in the US. It's a Buick also, not a Chevrolet (Cobalt). We're getting great product here in the US right now like the Enclave and soon to be NG LaCrosse. GM though doesn't see this fit to be sold in the US, everyone will have to wait for the next generation car. Like others have said, Enclave is the new standard for Buick now. I find it to be better then any of the Chinese developed Buicks. As such, I see it doing extremely well in China. So, awesome things are coming out of GM North America. Everyone is going to be highly impressed. Wait until you guys see the interior on the new LaCrosse!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts