GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wow, the plastic looks really cheap. This is going to be a disaster for GM. Hello, Bankruptcy!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Wow, the plastic looks really cheap. This is going to be a disaster for GM. Hello, Bankruptcy!

Not that ALL cars have plastic dashes or anything...... How about if you saw it in person? Maybe you could form an opinion? All I know is GMNA needs something like this. Time to toss out those ridiculous Lambdas!

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
All I know is GMNA needs something like this. Time to toss out those ridiculous Lambdas!

Yeah, why would anyone want one of those, I mean, I dont need it, so no one else will either..

Nobody buys one, I dont even see them on the road, right

Plus, since they cost GM nothing to develop or produce, they would be easy to discontinue, GM's got plenty of cash...

Yeah, this is what we need, why would anyone need anything else, I mean, it works for me, so clearly it works for everyone! None would ever have any need for anything larger or more powerfull.

I hope that they import it directly from Europe, dont make it here, we dont have enough empty factory space, plus we have seen that the Asta was a total hit on the market, we just need to wait for the dollar to sink a little more so we can have sticker it for about $35,000 with optional AC.

Would this also be a good replacement for the Tahoe? Because we can drop those too, maybe if we remove the rear seat from the Astra, we can drop the Corvette?

Maybe we can add a truck bed on the Astra and make it the next Silverado?, I mean obviously the 100,000 plus Silverados they sold last month means nothing....

Everything GM Europe makes rocks so hard........

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts

First off, its mostly just glare
Second, this is a preproduction interior, not up to spec to what will be the final product. It is most likely a rough idea of interiori layout to get ergonomics figured out while driving the car.
I dont think the hood over the IP is going to have a Piano Black finish. But that would be AWESOME!

Is this bigger then the Zafria? (sp?)

·
Registered
360 Posts
No it is smaller. The Zafira is based on the Astra, this is based on the Corsa.
Only a part is correct!!
Actually the Meriva is based on the Corsa!!
But the new One is built up on a modified Delta platform.
The new Zafira (MP7) will be use the new DeltaII platform.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Only a part is correct!!
Actually the Meriva is based on the Corsa!!
But the new One is built up on a modified Delta platform.
The new Zafira (MP7) will be use the new DeltaII platform.
The concept Meriva is an exciting vehicle, and preproduction vehicle looks to retain most of the attributes of the concept. This vehicle might just might make it to the US as a Saturn. From my perspective it would be a great replacement for my 03 Vue. I have read it will be able to be ordered with the new 1.6 litre turbo 4 and BAS+ with the 6 speed automatic. Suicide doors, tall interior, great power train. Reminds me of the cars from the 30's except with all the modern features and safety elements, and great style. What is not to love?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts