Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opel Media Online
2015-01-19

- Urbanista born for escapes on winding country roads
- 110 kW/150 hp punch from a new 1.4-liter Turbo ECOTEC engine
- Special chassis, steering and OPC braking system
- Individualization possibilities with special sporty touch and features
- ADAM elevates its sporty pedigree with successful rallye racing and ‘S’ model

Rüsselsheim/Cascais. The Opel ADAM family has quickly established itself as a bestseller in the lifestyle mini segment with sales of 125,000 since its market launch in early 2013. When the new Opel ADAM S drives off the assembly lines in Eisenach, Germany, another star will be born to continue the model’s success. It will cater for clients who want a sporty drive in an agile, mini car of just 3.71 meters length and enjoy escaping the city jungle for a swift outing on winding country roads. The new ADAM S definitely has all the credentials. The punchy and seductive pocket rocket has been equipped with a new, highly responsive 110 kW/150 hp, 1.4-liter Turbo ECOTEC engine, a specially tuned sport chassis, direct sporty steering, high performance OPC braking system and an ESP system that can be deactivated. It offers a muscular and smartly aggressive exterior design, an interior with premium ambience and cool racing accents, countless individualization options, superb digital connectivity and numerous comfort and safety systems including Opel’s award-winning Side Blind Spot Alert.

The sporty ‘S’ version comes to the market as an extremely successful rallye-racing season for the ADAM ends. Its R2 rallye version won its category in all major national championships it took part in – in Germany, France and Spain – and, in France, led its pilot Charlotte Berton to the title of overall women’s champion. Less extreme and more polished, the ADAM S is not a racing car - but it offers great performance, intense feelings and bundles of fun.

“The ADAM S has been designed for people who want to enjoy a sporty driving experience in a car with a unique and individual look. Our engineers have given it the right technology to support that and our designers have prepared hundreds of cool and colorful customization options. I am confident that the latest addition to the ADAM family will be just as successful as its siblings,” said Opel Group CEO Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann.

More at link on top.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like the styling of the Adam. I don't think it would wear Buick styling well. The Buick/Opel tie up is not new though. If they are to bring these, or any other non-translatables over to the US, perhaps they should consider reviving an old sales channel. From 1957 to the mid 1970's, Buick provided the sales channel for US market Opel's; with the most famous being the Opel "min Corvette" GT.
Sell an Adam looking like the above, with the 1.6L Turbo and I'll put a deposit down ASAP. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts