GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Mercedes S-class cabriolet confirmed
Luxurious convertible version of the latest Mercedes S-class confirmed;set to take on the Bentley Continental GTC later in 2015
Autocar
by Jim Holder
14 January 2015

A new Mercedes-Benz S-class cabriolet will be launched later this year, it has been confirmed.

Speaking at the first drive of the Mercedes-Maybach S600, Martin Hulder, project manager for the S-class, said: "I can confirm that there will be a car for star gazers later in the year."

The car had only previously been seen in disguised form. Spy shots reveal that the S-class cabriolet will make use of a folding soft-top roof.

The Mercedes S-class cabriolet will open up a fresh niche for large luxury 2+2 soft-tops, occupying territory close to the Bentley Continental GTC.

*Full Article at Link

·
Registered
44,430 Posts
Of course it was.

I've always advocated for an Omega family of vehicles. But right now, we're just getting CT6, which is essentially the answer to the SWB flagships. Cadillac still needs to go up a half-teir to compete with the LWB flagships. And then they still need a coupe before we can even think about a grand touring convertible.
And if their focus is on a sub-ATS and a compact CUV, the chances of getting the uber-convertible are next to zero.

I have more faith in Jaguar relaunching the XK family of cars before Cadillac launches the Omega family.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Of course it was.

I've always advocated for an Omega family of vehicles. But right now, we're just getting CT6, which is essentially the answer to the SWB flagships. Cadillac still needs to go up a half-teir to compete with the LWB flagships. And then they still need a coupe before we can even think about a grand touring convertible.
And if their focus is on a sub-ATS and a compact CUV, the chances of getting the uber-convertible are next to zero.

I have more faith in Jaguar relaunching the XK family of cars before Cadillac launches the Omega family.
Regarding an Omega family, I would like the coupe/convertible, CT6, and CT8 to bear different designs. Not totally clean sheet, but appreciably different.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts