GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all,

I am Fahad from Saudi Arabia .. I just decided to be a member of this great forum and not being a guest anymore as i was for a long time.
Recently, I bought new 2 trucks and new car they are:

2015 GMC Sierra Z71 package single cab
2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 package single cab
2014 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Both truck were purchased last month brand new.. Cruze was bought on August 2014 brand new

Those are not my first GM trucks: I have owned previously the following trucks:

1- 1992 GMC Sierra 2500 --- White
2- 1996 GMC Sierra 2500 --- White
3- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 --- Black
4- 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 --- Red

as well as these cars:

1- 1996 Chevrolet Caprice
2- 2005 Chevrolet Lumina
3- 2009 Chevrolet SS OR Pontiac G8 GT

Will try to upload photos soon :)
Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Welcome to GMI! Quite an impressive list of vehicle! I didn't think GM sold the Sierra/Silverado outside of the North America. Do you see a lot of them in Saudi Arabia?
http://www.gmcarabia.com/

Ford and Toyota also sell their full-size pickups and SUVs over there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.. These trucks are very popular over here.. Sierra is untouchable legend seriously.. Here in Saudi and the rest of gulf countries, GMC has been the king of trucks since the 70's.. Lots of song and poems were written just for admiring them

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
welcome aboard
3- 2009 SS - G8 I assume a Lumina? and NOT a US EXPORT correct? as 09 the ZETA cars where not for sale for NON cop duty in 09

are your trucks made for the middle east market or are they US domestic trucks exported for ME sales?
in the 80's chevy had a sales contract with the Iraqi government to sell them Malibu's and the transaction fell through and they ended up selling them in Canada
I owned one of those "Iraqi taxi's" as they where known

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
Thanks.. These trucks are very popular over here.. Sierra is untouchable legend seriously.. Here in Saudi and the rest of gulf countries, GMC has been the king of trucks since the 70's.. Lots of song and poems were written just for admiring them
www.gmc502.com used to have a lot of VIDS on youtube showing 1970's/80's GMC trucks mostly dark red in colour
there updated page I can not find there pictures as I can NOT read arabic

·
Premium Member
36,300 Posts
Welcome to GMI, fahad! Enjoy your journey here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
welcome aboard
3- 2009 SS - G8 I assume a Lumina? and NOT a US EXPORT correct? as 09 the ZETA cars where not for sale for NON cop duty in 09

are your trucks made for the middle east market or are they US domestic trucks exported for ME sales?
in the 80's chevy had a sales contract with the Iraqi government to sell them Malibu's and the transaction fell through and they ended up selling them in Canada
I owned one of those "Iraqi taxi's" as they where known
Thank you Richmond, Yes its the Lumina SS based Holden Commodore

Yes, My trucks are made for the Middle East through a GM certified dealership. However, there are not much of differences between US and ME trucks. Couple of differences i have noticed they are... No on star and no XM Radio .. the rest are exactly the same

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
www.gmc502.com used to have a lot of VIDS on youtube showing 1970's/80's GMC trucks mostly dark red in colour
there updated page I can not find there pictures as I can NOT read arabic
You are absolutely right .. there are alot of videos from Saudi for all models GMCs .. try to copy this جمس and do a search in youtube
1970's and 80's GMCs were well known for their Big Blocks engines specially 454 .. they are now triple or more the price they were sold at that time here in KSA :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to GMI Fahad.

I'm an Aussie and I hope you enjoyed your Holden's. I hope you are not using those trucks for pickup stunting... :D

;)
lol this Video ^_^ ...

Oh yea I did enjoy it pretty much.. that car was a blast in everything it does. though, i had to sell it. I have an old mother who can barely move. she found the sport seats were not easy to hop in or out of the car.. thats why i had to sell and bought a Cruze :) ... wish i could buy the new model. as you know they are being sold here any more :( sad

·
Registered
298 Posts
I love GM's full size, regular cab pickups. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your vehicles!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts