Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some people ask to see this again so here it is:

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Re: >>>>> New Hummer

That thing would actually do really well on the market, imo Hummer needs a nice facelift.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: >>>>> New Hummer

454 said:
Theyre from the GMC Graphyte concept

The chop looks great! Good job.
yeah I started with that and then built on it

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Re: >>>>> New look Hummer

nice job

but change up the headlights and I'd say you have a winner. They give it away as that GMC concept vehicle.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

camaro_freak said:
nice job

but change up the headlights and I'd say you have a winner. They give it away as that GMC concept vehicle.
done, check it out

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts

Nice! I like it. Good work fbodyrules.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Re: >>>>> New look Hummer *updated

Hi FBODYRULES,

You know I like your designs and you are one of the few on this site with real flair. But from a design, as opposed to 'styling exercise', this design is in no way going to be a bottom of the range mainstream model. The wheels and tires alone would put this in a Porsche/Ferrari cost league.

Have you actually done a proper design study on this? If so then you can tell me the size of those wheels in inches and the width of those tires in inches and the cost of them in the real world.

Every design hack on the planet knows that putting super huge wheels and tires on their design makes it look "better" than it really should. Are you simply cheating with that same old game?

If not then chop on some 15 or 16 inch 7 inch wide wheels and tires and show the people what your design looks like in the real world. That's what a REAL designer at GM has to do, lets see you do it too.

:)

·
Registered
471 Posts

Regardless of what people think about THIS particular design, I think it would be a great example of where Hummer needs to go in the future as whole. This should be there next generation design language. There seemed to be alot of worry as to how they were going to update something as distinctive as the Hummer (think Beetle), but this looks futuristic, and very Hummeristic. Nice work!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

JonathanRohr said:
Regardless of what people think about THIS particular design, I think it would be a great example of where Hummer needs to go in the future as whole. This should be there next generation design language. There seemed to be alot of worry as to how they were going to update something as distinctive as the Hummer (think Beetle), but this looks futuristic, and very Hummeristic. Nice work!
thanks,
I would have liked to make it more futuristic if possible but I wasn't sure how far to take it

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

That is really awesome! I always love your designs, and you fresh perspectives on the brands, great job!

Hi FBODYRULES,

You know I like your designs and you are one of the few on this site with real flair. But from a design, as opposed to 'styling exercise', this design is in no way going to be a bottom of the range mainstream model. The wheels and tires alone would put this in a Porsche/Ferrari cost league.

Have you actually done a proper design study on this? If so then you can tell me the size of those wheels in inches and the width of those tires in inches and the cost of them in the real world.

Every design hack on the planet knows that putting super huge wheels and tires on their design makes it look "better" than it really should. Are you simply cheating with that same old game?

If not then chop on some 15 or 16 inch 7 inch wide wheels and tires and show the people what your design looks like in the real world. That's what a REAL designer at GM has to do, lets see you do it too.
since when does this competition say that your designs have to be production ready? I'm sorry but have you seen the size of wheels on other GM concepts? The Sixteen, The Enclave, and check out the Escalade which is already in production with the option of 22" wheels...... Hummer is considered a premium brand you know, they can have options like huge wheels that will rape your wallet......

I'm sorry, but you almost sound jealous of his design and are trying to point out irrelevant things to make it look bad. I don't mean to offend, you just came off that way with your post....

-Chase

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

chaseabryant said:
That is really awesome! I always love your designs, and you fresh perspectives on the brands, great job!

since when does this competition say that your designs have to be production ready? I'm sorry but have you seen the size of wheels on other GM concepts? The Sixteen, The Enclave, and check out the Escalade which is already in production with the option of 22" wheels...... Hummer is considered a premium brand you know, they can have options like huge wheels that will rape your wallet......

I'm sorry, but you almost sound jealous of his design and are trying to point out irrelevant things to make it look bad. I don't mean to offend, you just came off that way with your post....

-Chase

Thanks man, thats exactly it, when I made this I gave it rims smaller than the GMC concept i started with, but higher profile tires.
After all like you say the Escalade has a 22" option and lots of concept (and production cars for that matter) have come out with large wheels.
I think Hummers should have big feet as a trademake.
Designs in these contests are more like pre-production concepts rather than production cars, cos if any of our designs were to be taken seriously by GM changes would of course be made.
so your right about everything

·
Banned
8,969 Posts

MonaroSS said:
Hi FBODYRULES,

:)
Yeah, ok! Put some 15" rims on there. Everyone would want one. Call it the Hummer Puddlejumper. I bet it would outperform any lowrider in it's class!

Seriously, great work man! I think it looks really sharp.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

asim said:
Wow, that is very nice. One idea though, I don't know if it would make it look better or worse, BUT I'd like to see the window behind the C-pillar to fit the rest of the vehicle more. Kinda like fir it with the D-pillar more even.
I fixed that back area, I think its improved now, thanks

likearock00 said:
Yeah, ok! Put some 15" rims on there. Everyone would want one. Call it the Hummer Puddlejumper. I bet it would outperform any lowrider in it's class!...
:yup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts