GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its my 1st try at photochopping, figured I'd try to see what the next Lincoln pickup might be like. I'm kinda sick of the Navi grill and kinda hope they get something more edgy on there. Oh and yeah i know its a GM forum but whatever, all cars are fun to look at.

·
Registered
571 Posts
those are prtty decent for ure first trys man, keep practicing!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good picts! I'd say that in the interest of cost, the bottom is more than likely what they'd build...but with more chrome... :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by Andy@Nov 18 2003, 04:11 PM
those are prtty decent for ure first trys man, keep practicing!
keep practicing? needs more done to it?
The way Ford/lincoln/mercury put crap into production, that probably is what the finished product will look like!!

no offense to your photoshop frenstall, just taking shots at F/L/M

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keep practicing? needs more done to it?
The way Ford/lincoln/mercury put crap into production, that probably is what the finished product will look like!!

no offense to your photoshop frenstall, just taking shots at F/L/M
Lol, looks like someone is bitter @ Ford but thats a whole other thread that nobody really has time for. Anyways, I do imagine the truck will look pretty much like the Navi, inside and out, which isn't bad but isn't very exciting either.

Too bad Ford doesn't have the luxary of investing billions into Lincoln like GM & Cadillac, especially since its not just the $$ but also being carefull not to have Lincoln, Jag & Volvo overlap, its a crappy and stupid rut Ford shoved Lincoln into.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i think its going to be a bigger failure then the aviator. and does ford still plan on to continue with the f150 based harley davidson truck?? if so, they'll probably be directly competing with each other. HD truck seems to be a big success.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:woot2: Nice, kinda beats mine, a little classier especially with the Lincoln wheels. But I do think when they make it they'll probably only offer it in a crew cab (or whatever its called with 4 full size doors) to better compete with the EXT and to reduce production costs.

I'd also imagine to one-up cometition Lincoln might include something new like a power tailgate or power running boards like in the Equator concept but then again it is Lincoln so they'll prolly just screw up and include some feature that makes the useability of the truck bed useless.

oh and in refrence to:
i think its going to be a bigger failure then the aviator
The Aviator currently is not a failure, it only started with low sales due to delayed release and a late ad campaign. Current stats show the Aviator equalling or beating Ford's orriginal sales expectations. Unless you ment the Blackwood, cuse that thing sunk faster then the Titanic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
nice job rex, but i think the stepside box is too tacky for a lincoln. actually...i think it's even too tacky for a ford, but thats just my personal opinion--i really dislike that box. and i agree about the crew cab being the only option...it just makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
the slogan should read

"Because if Caddy can do it, We are gunna at least try...again"

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Dec 2 2003, 08:59 PM
the slogan should read

"Because if Caddy can do it, We are gunna at least try...again"
:lol: I like both :lol: