GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
From the article:
"According to my.IS, Lexus filed IS 250C, IS 300C and IS 350C trademarks. Presumably, the C stands for coupe, however, there is still the outside chance that C could stand for convertible"

300C? Come on Toyota you can do better than copying the 300C name.

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
WTF... is that what the coupe's gonna look like???
It looks as if someone sat on the trunk of the clay model.. and the designers liked it enough to produce it like that. :blink:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
From the article:
"According to my.IS, Lexus filed IS 250C, IS 300C and IS 350C trademarks. Presumably, the C stands for coupe, however, there is still the outside chance that C could stand for convertible"

300C? Come on Toyota you can do better than copying the 300C name.
and how would you do it exactly?

OF course they could have just left it (Like BMW does).......I dont think a badge is gonna make someone mistake a coupe from a sedan....

·
Registered
458 Posts
and how would you do it exactly?
Well I can't speak for Canuck, but I would have gone with IC 250/300/350.

The reason being that Lexus has one coupe in its lineup: the SC and four sedans: the IS, ES, GS, and LS. I think they obviously meant (in the past at least) for all the sedans to end in "S" and all the coupes to end in "C". I don't like changing nomenclature ideas *cough*Cadillac*cough* every few years. Be consistent.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Well I can't speak for Canuck, but I would have gone with IC 250/300/350.

The reason being that Lexus has one coupe in its lineup: the SC and four sedans: the IS, ES, GS, and LS. I think they obviously meant (in the past at least) for all the sedans to end in "S" and all the coupes to end in "C". I don't like changing nomenclature ideas *cough*Cadillac*cough* every few years. Be consistent.
Great points actually. That coupe picture looks like a hardtop convertible. I'll just be happy if they make a more aggressive looking IS Coupe.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
The names used to mean stuff too.

Like LS was Luxury Sedan, and ES was Executive Sedan.
SC Sport Coupe

The weirdest part is that they trademarked the 300 which they don't have in North America. Maybe they plan on bringing it over here for a midlevel car, who knows.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I forget what IS and GS stood for, or if by then it was just a bunch of letters.

RX was like Recreational Crossover.
IS=International Sedan ??

GS=GranSport ??

·
Registered
773 Posts
WTF... is that what the coupe's gonna look like???
It looks as if someone sat on the trunk of the clay model.. and the designers liked it enough to produce it like that. :blink:
That's nothing more than an amateur illustration, so no the coupe won't look like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts