GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
nice find! i have no idea what it is, probably a kia though. a lot of camo cars are being spotted lately :krider:.

·
Registered
215 Posts
wouldnt it be funny if the car turned out to be some high-end car like a bmw when you just called it a kia?...i dunno why that came across my head, but i think it would be funny.

...i know its not a bmw, just to clear that up...i was just speaking hypothetically.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by chicubs@Jun 29 2004, 10:02 PM
wouldnt it be funny if the car turned out to be some high-end car like a bmw when you just called it a kia?...i dunno why that came across my head, but i think it would be funny.

...i know its not a bmw, just to clear that up...i was just speaking hypothetically.
The funny thing is that some of Kias' interiors could come from those German companies. I just sat in a 04 Optima EX with leather and most every feature and couldn't believe I was sitting in a Kia product. The seats were comfy, the door panals has padded and pleated seams, half the steering wheel was wood etc. It was a sweet car for the money. GM could take lessons from them on interiors.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
there are logos on the wheel center caps, and they almost DO look like Infiniti logos. maybe if someone has photoshop or something, they could zoom in and have a look. it may be too hard to tell with it moving and all.....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I'm betting this is the next-generation Kia Optima because...

1. The rear taillights aren't like the current Infinitis.
2. Infiniti already has a car in this segment, the G35. Some people say it's the replacement for the I35 - well it can't be because the I35 was being phased out when the G35 (same class, about same size) came in. Infiniti is no longer going to produce FWD cars but only AWD and RWD.
3. Also, the wheel design doesn't sream Infiniti to me, but it does scream Optima or Amanti.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Infiniti already has a car in this segment, the G35.
the new M45 is coming VERY soon, and it's built on the FM platform (G35, Z, FX) so it will be near that size, and the taillights look pretty Infiniti from what's visible... wheel design mimics the FX wheels pretty well, too. oh well, it's all speculation

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Looks like a KIA to me.

Does anybody else notice that the car's wheels seem to be leaning going straight, as if somebody is pushing the car from the passenger side. I wonder if this car has a different body and a working chassis? All the pictures seem to show the same lean, with the cars around it being straight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Credit should go to my wife for spotting the thing. She saw it first, I probally would never have seen it if she hadn't pointed it out.... The center caps do say KIA, sorry about the crappy pics. You're right about the dual exhaust, but it was kinda odd, they looked like a 3 year old midas job (rusty and ill fitting). No offense to any of the fine midas employees out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts