1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
It's nothing exceptional, but it does look quite nice, and certainly more upscale than the attractive but simple old interior. That center stack is kinda cool, and looks very nice with the info screen / GPS unit.

What I find the most interesting is that GM apparently thinks that the Chinese market is important enough to warrant a new dash (which people always say cost a fortune to design), whereas the Cobalt...

I mean heck, this car gets its own radio but almost everything GM has in North America has to share?!? Talk about favourtism!

Not so hot on the embossed logo on the steeringwheel.
I agree. That's a fault with most of the GMDAT products. Even a simple bit of brightwork would make a big difference... their steering wheels are all so dull with their grey embossed logos.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
What I find the most interesting is that GM apparently thinks that the Chinese market is important enough to warrant a new dash (which people always say cost a fortune to design), whereas the Cobalt...

I mean heck, this car gets its own radio but almost everything GM has in North America has to share?!? Talk about favourtism!
I hate to be the one to make excuses, but it has been stated before that the black tie radios, i.e. this, were only to serve as intermediates. Expect very shortly to see fully intergrated radios in North America and abroad.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Oh I know, same old waiting game with GM... the problem here is that the Chinese don't have to wait for a new interior... and it's for a car that will be replaced very very soon! How is the Cobalt not more important or at least as important as the Excelle?!?

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
blog.sina.com said:
In domestic new triumphant Viet Nam plays the part of exposes for the first time
Today goes to friend's company, under building outside discovery three new triumphant Viet Nam, outward appearance and before on-line blows out the spy illuminates entirely alike, the first face truly had the flavor which a Mr. jumps over, the feeling atmosphere, the rear light change quite is also big, for person one kind of changed beyond recognition feeling.​

In originally wants to have a look to play the part of, finally discovered the glass has all pasted the deep color membrane, completely blind inside situation. Goes to friend there to get through the matter, while convenient said the building next three new triumphant Viet Nam's matter, he unexpectedly mystical told me him to be able to attain the vehicle the key, the author certainly cannot let off such opportunity, Lian Hongdai threatens for makes the vehicle key, fast patted several new triumphant Viet Nam's in to play the part of, this should be the domestic first some people pats to genuine new triumphant Viet Nam in plays the part of, especially sent and fellow 网友 shares.​

Three vehicles all are the 1.6L editions, because the time quite is intense, feared was discovered by the friend company's leadership, has patted two vehicles, section is the standard disposition, but also some section should be in that series the belt navigation goes against the allocation of vehicles.​

On new goes against matches edition the vehicle type, although had not looked has been to the disposition table, but from actually observes looked, the vehicle has 6.5 inch DVD screen, brings the Navi navigation, in the same level other vehicle type, the disposition also is quite rich.

Thanks to babel fish from the translatings. :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Oh I know, same old waiting game with GM... the problem here is that the Chinese don't have to wait for a new interior... and it's for a car that will be replaced very very soon! How is the Cobalt not more important or at least as important as the Excelle?!?
Maybe its because Excelle is like the top seller in the Chinese market:cool: >100,000 last year, which represent a huge proportion of GM's sales in China, and with more and more competition in the Chinese market, GM is under pressure to update the current version to stay in the game "Mid-size market" which is the biggest market in China,,,,,,,,,, while Cobalt:rolleyes: hmmmmm

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Cant see sh** Captain.

EDIT: I see em now. Ughh could have been better designed.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Maybe its because Excelle is like the top seller in the Chinese market:cool: >100,000 last year, which represent a huge proportion of GM's sales in China, and with more and more competition in the Chinese market, GM is under pressure to update the current version to stay in the game "Mid-size market" which is the biggest market in China,,,,,,,,,, while Cobalt:rolleyes: hmmmmm
Yes, you're right... it is an important car in China. Still, the Civic and Corolla own the North American market... there's a REASON the Cobalt isn't a hot seller, and part of that reason might be the lack of interior redesign! There are two ways to look at it... you can say the Cobalt doesn't deserve a new interior because it isn't a big seller... or you can say that the Cobalt isn't a big seller because it doesn't have a new interior.

Obviously I'm over-simplifying here... the Cobalt DOES sell in decent numbers, and it isn't just the interior that keeps it from matching the Corolla and Civic. Still, the attitude that the North American market isn't important enough to warrant the same investment as the Chinese one is frustrating... sure, gaining new market share for GM in China is great... but keeping what they have in the US is important too!

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Do not want.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts