GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
i guess it looks ok considering it's still on the same platform and still FWD. but how long does this mean we have to wait for the next one? this one still doesn't look like all that much to get excited about but i suppose i should wait until i see the actual car.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The front-wheel drive sedan will remain on the W-car platform, but will be re-engineered and undergo major cosmetic changes as well.
wow..... that's exciting... :huh:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks as if the greenhouse/roof is a bit rounder. By the way. . .Car Connection is a great site if you don't know about it. Add it to your favorites they always have great reviews and articles and the latest spy shots.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowhead222@Jun 21 2004, 04:32 PM
Yuck. Why does anybody care about this ugly V-6 FWD imposter car anymore?
people must care because they sell a **** load of them every year <_<

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
hey, check out the 3 headrests in the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I hope they ((DONT)) do that droopy (DCX) headlight treatment that that front cover indecates. <_< Shure it will be a nicer car then it is today but its STILL FWD and that (((SUCKS!!))) :angry: They should NEVER HAVE used the grand old Impala name on ENY FWD Car!! <_<

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i just noticed chrome strip across truck lid.. indicating a loss of the huge taillamp panel. also think the c-pilar windows have been redesigned with different angle and probably sharper corners. roofline does look changed towards rear. bulges in headlamp area hint at a dramatic redisgn of them, but who knows. dashboard and seats appear to be the same.. who knows though.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I could be wrong, but when I looked at the picture, it looks as though the third rear headrest might be the headrest of the passenger seat in the front. If you looks close, the middle one is considerable higher than the other two in the back seat. Seeing how this is a shot of a 2006 Impala, you think we'll be waiting almost for sure until 2008-2009 for an all new Impala either FWD or changed to RWD?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The more I look at it, the more it looks like the Malibu. I really wonder if this is, in fact, the impala, or just a suped-up Malibu?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Originally posted by swahili@Jun 21 2004, 05:52 PM
I could be wrong, but when I looked at the picture, it looks as though the third rear headrest might be the headrest of the passenger seat in the front. If you looks close, the middle one is considerable higher than the other two in the back seat. Seeing how this is a shot of a 2006 Impala, you think we'll be waiting almost for sure until 2008-2009 for an all new Impala either FWD or changed to RWD?
The middle headrest is there, with the front passenger one in the background. You can see the dividing line if you look close.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by ilaoc77@Jun 21 2004, 01:02 PM
Good good, GM is on a roll. I'm pleased to see that GM is not letting the Momemtum die off too quickly. I really like the idea of a 'heavily revamped' impala.. the malibu is a much better car then the current impala. lol
new malibu is better then the current impala. i own the w-body impala, and i have driven the new malibu, its a day and nite different. malibu, although smaller, feels to have just about same front seat room as the impala. interior is dramticly better, and rides smoother and quieter then any w-body i've been in. and that speed sensative steering is so nice to have, at parking lot speeds you feel like your just effortlessly cruising a golf cart and at highway speeds it tightens up and gives you the response you need. just hoping impala gets some of the same improvements.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I like how they tried to make it look like a two-door, putting a pronounced break line in the black/white stripes in the middle of the back door, and matching the lines perfectly between the front and rear doors, and covering part of the back door window.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts