GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Nov 20 2003, 06:35 AM
might I ask WTF do you people get these pics!!!
You just have to keep a sharp eye open.. :blink: I got that one from Det News, then I saw that drawing behind the guy and thought about the H3... :lol:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Anyone know whether there is a Hummer concept vehicle planned for NAIAS
in January '04? If so, This picture might be it.......

*/AGAIN, PURE SPECULATION/*

Ken

·
Registered
571 Posts
That guy standing there is the new design chief, so I'm guessing that is probably the H3.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by kmacleod@Nov 20 2003, 09:44 AM
Anyone know whether there is a Hummer concept vehicle planned for NAIAS
in January '04? If so, This picture might be it.......

*/AGAIN, PURE SPECULATION/*

Ken
There was supposed to be a Hummer Concept that was due to debut at SEMA, but that was really dissapointing. There will be a NAIAS concept for Hummer. I don't think this is it though. The H3 is set to debut at NAIAS as well as a re-enginered and re-designed H1. This will be an exciting year for Hummer. Personally I think this is the H3.

·
Registered
685 Posts
It looks pretty rough still but I like it. The funny thing is that they say it will be a 4.3L I6 and 260HP. Doubt it. I guess they could have tuned the Atlas I6 for more torque and punched it out, but I have a gut feeling that they don't know jack. Or I suppose that feeling could just be gas. :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Nov 22 2003, 09:57 PM
It looks pretty rough still but I like it. The funny thing is that they say it will be a 4.3L I6 and 260HP. Doubt it. I guess they could have tuned the Atlas I6 for more torque and punched it out, but I have a gut feeling that they don't know jack. Or I suppose that feeling could just be gas. :lol:
what's the Atlas? is that another name for the vortec 4200? and where is GM gonna get this other I6 from?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes the Vortec 4200 is part of the Atlas engine family. I think the site f'd up. I don't see why it would get more displacement and put out less power, unless of course it is made to be a torque monster but the 4200 has 275TQ and a fat range. ????

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Nov 23 2003, 03:27 AM
Yes the Vortec 4200 is part of the Atlas engine family. I think the site f'd up. I don't see why it would get more displacement and put out less power, unless of course it is made to be a torque monster but the 4200 has 275TQ and a fat range. ????
bigger bore and longer stroke? i doubt it, but if this were done [i doubt it would be possible to increase the bore and lengthen the stroke so that you actually increase displacement over the 4200] it could explain the 4.3L and 260HP. since torque numbers weren't provided, and the longer stroke, bigger bore theory was applied, you could extrapolate that this engine could make monster torque.

then again, maybe not. :D

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Northstar@Nov 23 2003, 12:48 AM
The H3 will not debut at NAIAS.

And it will debut as a concept, much like the H2 and H2 SUT did.
Where is it set to debut then? I always thought it was NAIAS...I could be wrong ive been buried under work recently <_<.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:woot2:

Unveiling pics!!!

MAN, DOES THIS LOOK COOL!!! I Can't wait for the SUV version in Detroit! I think this looks cooler than the H2. I'll be first in line to buy the SUV version!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just saw this H3 pick up like vehicle on MotorTrend.com It's suppose to have a turbo charged 5 cylinder engine with 350ft lbs of torque. If anyone at GM is listening, you should build this vehicle. You won't be able to build enough of them. :type:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts