GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Not bad, looks like they upgraded the seats, the Steering wheel needs to go though, maybe the same one as in the H2?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Dec 17 2003, 09:40 PM
Not bad, looks like they upgraded the seats, the Steering wheel needs to go though, maybe the same one as in the H2?
yes, but you know if they do that then they get the "parts bin" thing from the people that dont like them as much, and that brings down the name, which is something i know GM does NOT want that to happen to their possibly only successful car/truck thats over 100k$

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Here are some more interior shots:

-Rugged leather looks good!!

-Ahh, ming's favorite generic radio!!

Some Exterior Shots:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Smilingoat+Dec 17 2003, 04:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smilingoat @ Dec 17 2003, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TaHoE@Dec 17 2003, 09:40 PM
yes, but you know if they do that then they get the "parts bin" thing from the people that dont like them as much, and that brings down the name, which is something i know GM does NOT want that to happen to their possibly only successful car/truck thats over 100k$ [/b][/quote]
Well steering wheels aren't THAT big of a deal, sharing a steering wheel isnt as bad as that GENERIC RADIO!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Dec 17 2003, 09:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Dec 17 2003, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 04:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TaHoE
@Dec 17 2003, 09:40 PM

yes, but you know if they do that then they get the "parts bin" thing from the people that dont like them as much, and that brings down the name, which is something i know GM does NOT want that to happen to their possibly only successful car/truck thats over 100k$
Well steering wheels aren't THAT big of a deal, sharing a steering wheel isnt as bad as that GENERIC RADIO!! [/b][/quote]
true but people with something against GM will use anything to tie togeather a cheap car to a ultra expensive car like this. and a steering wheel might just be enouph. it wouldnt bother me any, but some people would just freak about it. im sure of it. ive seen people freak out about door handles, mirrors and other minor stuff and thats only a difference of a chevy and a buick pontiac. but the difference between what that hummer is worth and the H2 is about 60k$ over twice the price of the H2

·
Registered
94 Posts
am i the only one seeing that hte reason another steering wheel isn't used is that the car pictured does not have an airbag? i imagine its omittable because its size/weight/and or leftover legal classification stemming from its military heritage have it classified in a different vehicle category than passenger vehicle/truck, etc, and therefore is exempt from the requirement?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
To my knowledge, airbags still aren't mandatory. I may be wrong, but there's no government legislation on them. But a car manufacturer would be silly not to offer one in today's day and age.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 17 2003, 08:38 PM
To my knowledge, airbags still aren't mandatory. I may be wrong, but there's no government legislation on them. But a car manufacturer would be silly not to offer one in today's day and age.
I think they're manditory in most vehicles in the U.S... but not some large trucks.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I don't get it. Y would U need 2 drive this like an Accord?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Exactly. And, you could flatten several Accords with this vehicle.

More to the point, I do like the interior. It looks "upmarket," or whatever the buzzword is. The truck is supposed to be an offroader, so I can see where they wouldn't put an airbag in it. But, I think it should be a "luxury" option.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Even if the vehical doesnt need an airbag, they could have put something different in its place. I think that steering wheel looks out of place, like they bought it at AutoZone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:woot2:

I was under the assumption that H1 belonged to AM General and all GM was responsible for was Marketing and Advertising? Maybe I read that somewhere!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Looks like the plastic guys from Fisher Price are still in control of interior truck plastics at GM. The ergonomics are still terrible, but with a Hummer logic is not consideration.

Mark

1 - 20 of 35 Posts