Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GTO vs Challenger drag race

13.4 vs 13.5

·
Registered
721 Posts
Close race, too bad we couldn't see the finish line or clocks. Love the goats.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close race, too bad we couldn't see the finish line or clocks. Love the goats.
Yeah...sorry..that's why I put up the times..it was close..
In fact the chally put up a 105 mph and the gto 104...but GTO made the line first.:D

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
So basically you're telling me that I can pay $45K+ to get the same performance that I get from my GTO that cost me $15K less? Where do I sign?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
So basically you're telling me that I can pay $45K+ to get the same performance that I get from my GTO that cost me $15K less? Where do I sign?
Stock SRT8 Challengers have ran 13.2 sec @ 107.5 mph (Edmunds, a decidedly "pro-import" job if you ask some).

You can say the same about the new Camaro too probably......but all it's really saying is the GTO is a fantastic performance value (and a pretty good car to boot).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
But with that extra $15K people online will think your car is cooler because it's retro and "true to the Challenger heritage style", regardless of how many compliments you get in real life on our big fat "Cavalier" clones.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
But with that extra $15K people online will think your car is cooler because it's retro and "true to the Challenger heritage style", regardless of how many compliments you get in real life on our big fat "Cavalier" clones.
That's OK, I'll live...besides, if I really want something that will hand that Challenger it's ass, I'll just pull my ZX-14 out of the garage. :cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
cool race although it kinda looked like the challenger babied it off the line a little bit, that probably made the difference right there. Although I wanna see what a 6-spd manual R/T will run as opposed to an (auto?) SRT-8

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Auto's faster.....LOL!! sorry.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Was that a stock factory GTO?
That number sounds about right for a stock factory LS2 GTO...with a manual, it all comes down to the driver and how well he/she can launch the car.

I've never taken mine to a strip, but it's plenty quick and fast enough for me, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts