Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Thanks! Interesting.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Interesting.

Does anyone have an idea of when the next LaCrosse breaks cover?

Hmmm, interesting. "Sport Touring" sounds like a wagon version to me.
Highly doubtful, though.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
"Sports Touring" could be a fill-in model between the standard Regal & Lacrosse & full bore GS models with more HP than other lower models.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm surprised that they kept the Avenir name. It's a good surprise nonetheless.
Yes, but not just for a car. They also reserved it for cars, SUV's, trucks, vans, and engines/structural parts thereof. Meaning, they don't know what they will use it for but like the name and want to be able to use it on anything. The name probably tested very well in all of their market research after the reveal.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i'm glad to see the Avenir near name too, as I think Park Avenue is too old-fashioned. This is new!

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
YES! We are getting the Opel Insignia Tourer!
I like wagons!

·
Registered
20,685 Posts
"Sport Touring" Sedan?

STS :think:

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's interesting is that the Avenir trademark was filed not long after Mark Reuss made this comment to Automotive News.
“Not yet,” Reuss answered when asked at the auto show here this month whether an Omega-based Buick was in the cards. “We’re working on that.”

·
Registered
505 Posts
STS was actually Seville Touring Sedan, but I digress. The Regal definitely makes sense for the wagon based on the naming (as well as Insignia wagons in the US with Buick badging a long long time ago), the Lacrosse is throwing me off, that would be a GIGANTIC wagon, I wonder if it may be more of a hatch like the Panamera.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts