GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened across this just now on the Pontiac website. It said "G8 is CAR", and given the discussions here I clicked it. In FireFox, the window that popped up is too small, Internet Exploder fixed it, and I got the URL from there.
http://www.pontiac.com/g8iscar/
When you go there, there are a bunch of pictures that make up a G8. A mosaic. You can click to zoom in, and then click again to zoom further. There are LOTS of pictures, many of which are of G8 or G8 pieces/parts. I noticed some of them have a play button - those are videos. Kinda neat, got to see a commercial for the G8 (ala Pontiac is CAR theme) that I hadn't see before. Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
355 Posts
cool...but i hate that slogan!!!
I know. Why can't they stick with "We Build Excitement" or something like that? I suppose all the other brands have been coming up with new slogans. But the CAR thing, if nothing else, makes me think of KARR and how the new Knight Rider is a Ford. :(

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Cool web page...stupid slogan. :mad:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Maybe it's meant to annoy so as to stick in peoples heads more. :confused:

I'm at a loss... I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
The mosaic is a pretty ingenious idea but I don't know how many marker pens the folks over at the advertising department were smelling when they came up with the stupid G8 is car slogan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts