GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"New Fiesta is the "most significant global vehicle project since the Ford Model T"

"After years of resistance from Ford's various divisions around the world — especially the U.S. — Mother Ford has finally decided that the most profitable way to build cars is to create one really good one and sell it to everybody."

Pay attention GM management suits, this is one lesson your empty skulls still have trouble comprehending.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=131096

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Re: "New Fiesta is the "most significant global vehicle project since the Ford Model

Actually, that credit goes to the original Focus - which was nonetheless screwed later on.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Re: "New Fiesta is the "most significant global vehicle project since the Ford Model

Or was it the Contour/Mystique?

Actually I am looking forward to selling the Feista it looks way better than other B class cars

·
Registered
665 Posts

Not sure about how the U.S. market will react to it, but Canadians will buy it.

·
Registered
480 Posts

"After years of resistance from Ford's various divisions around the world — especially the U.S. — Mother Ford has finally decided that the most profitable way to build cars is to create one really good one and sell it to everybody."

Pay attention GM management suits, this is one lesson your empty skulls still have trouble comprehending.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=131096
They have one it's called the cruze.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

I fell for the Contour/Mondeo "world car" myth (bought one new in 1996).......this Fiesta needs to be 100 times better to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts

I fell for the Contour/Mondeo "world car" myth (bought one new in 1996).......this Festiva needs to be 100 times better to be taken seriously.
Yeah, really.

U.S. Ford also made the highly-regarded Ford Focus into a bargain bin special. We will see how our Fiesta will turn out.

The Fiesta looks to be an awesome subcompact, but somehow I have doubts about U.S. Ford's ability to market the car properly.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Mother Ford has finally decided that the most profitable way to build cars is to create one really good one and sell it to everybody."
Not the first time I've heard this kind of statement. We'll see if this time they are successful.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts

Ford failed in the past but this time they have Mullaly and he doesnt take any BS so this car will be a success and the new product line will be up to the task

·
Registered
928 Posts

I fell for the Contour/Mondeo "world car" myth (bought one new in 1996).......this Festiva needs to be 100 times better to be taken seriously.
I know Fiesta and Festiva are like the same word, but this car thats coming is the true Fiesta, not a Kia rebadge-horror-story. I dont think Ford will play up its euro or world roots, I think they will market it as the entry level fuel sipping car it is.

Yeah, really.

U.S. Ford also made the highly-regarded Ford Focus into a bargain bin special. We will see how our Fiesta will turn out.

The Fiesta looks to be an awesome subcompact, but somehow I have doubts about U.S. Ford's ability to market the car properly.
Ok well lets review who let the Cavilier die a long & painful death for about 8 years... Ford will give us another Focus, and even though the platfrom is 8 years old, its still sporty in the class and still manages to be one of the top 4 selling compacts year after year. GM has done a decent job of marketing the Aveo, but the car is a piece... The Fiesta should market and speak for itself.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

I know Fiesta and Festiva are like the same word, but this car thats coming is the true Fiesta, not a Kia rebadge-horror-story. I dont think Ford will play up its euro or world roots, I think they will market it as the entry level fuel sipping car it is.
Oopsie! Slip of the tongue (ok, fingers). I'll fix it, I did mean Fiesta.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

They have one it's called the cruze.
No, the cruze is a competitor to the focus. Chevy is replacing The Aveo, not with something small but sophisticated like the Fiesta, with the ugly to anyone over 16 groove.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

I fell for the Contour/Mondeo "world car" myth (bought one new in 1996).......this Fiesta needs to be 100 times better to be taken seriously.
I fell for it too and mine runs like a top after eight years and 115K miles. The Contour/Mondeo was a failure in execution, not conception. Although its road manners were world class (indeed, it was often lauded as the best-driving FWD car in the world, and I understand why) it came to the U.S. with a cheap interior and a 4-cylinder that liked to spit up headgaskets. I have a feeling that Ford will get it right under Mulally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts