New features available for the 2009 model year Tahoe are:

6.2L Engine on 2WD and 4WD.
6-Speed Auto Trans (standard).
Heated and Cooled Front Seats.
Integrated BlueTooth for phone.
110V Power Outlet.
Integrated Trailer Brake Control.
Side Blind Zone Alerting System.
XM Real Time Traffic Integrated into Navigation System.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have not heard anything.. but Im hoping the 6-Speed auto will be standard!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Last time I looked, the 6.2 and 6spd auto were available, but only in 2wd. Dont know if they have changed that.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Well.. the price of a fully loaded Tahoe just hit $60k. I would still buy one though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bluetooth will be standard across most GM products in '09. 6.2 6 speeds are already out there in 2wd form only. I thought heated/cooled seats were there even in '07 on leather interiors?

Never heard of the blind spot zone alert system.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Only heated seats for GM in '07 & '08.

Ford Expedition got heated & cooled "leather" in 2007.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Where did you get this info? I didnt know the 6.2 was avaliable in 4WD models, same with the cooled seats???? I'm calling BS on the cooled seats!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Where did you get this info? I didnt know the 6.2 was avaliable in 4WD models, same with the cooled seats???? I'm calling BS on the cooled seats!
This information was said to have been taken from a DealerWorld preview.

GM has had cooled seats in models for a few years, and in the trucks, only on new Escalades so far. For 2009, it will be expanding to Tahoes and Yukons in top trim with leather as an option, as well as the Lambdas.

Also, the 6.2L can be ordered now in a 2wd model, but it was said the 4wd system to work with it was not fully "done" yet, hence the delay until next year. So the 6.2L should really be available next year, on both iterations.

As will the 6-speed, standard on all, then the Bluetooth option, XM traffic, etc.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Okay, now I'm waiting for the Silverado vortec max w/ 6.2L and 6-speed auto.......
I hope you get your wish, i do know that last month there were some 2009 pilot models assembled at the truck plant and the new changes are as follows.

-Expanded use of the 6.2L engine on Non-Denali's
-6-speed transmissions will be standard on all 6.0L and optional on 5.3L engines
-expanded availability of Ethanol capable engines
-optional cooled seats on Denali
-hydraulic body mounts on most Extended & Crew Cabs
-2 new colors for Denali - Sonoma Jewel & Greystone.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Anyone know if this info also applies to the Suburbans.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hands free cell phone usage is mandatory in California starting this summer. That new law might be what finally caused GM to provide Bluetooth.
Thats been law in Chicago now for more then a year or two.

With the 6.2L used in non-Denali models like SS4EVER said, does that mean it could be in 2500HD in the next year or so?

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Hands free cell phone usage is mandatory in California starting this summer. That new law might be what finally caused GM to provide Bluetooth.
Thats been law in Chicago now for more then a year or two.
It's been a law in new york since 2001. I really doubt that was their motivation. But, it is about time that they catch up with the rest of the auto industry.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
2009 Tahoe/Yukon better be HANDS DOWN TOTY and Segment Best in Full Size SUV's by ALL Rags or they are biased! You can only lament on a 4 speed so many times. IRS may be an argument but anyone who's been in a Yukon/Tahoe and driven that versus Expy IRS back to back, try and tell me they are damn similar in comfort with a driving/handling edge to the T900's...

CobaltSS

·
Registered
270 Posts
2009 Tahoe/Yukon better be HANDS DOWN TOTY and Segment Best in Full Size SUV's by ALL Rags or they are biased! You can only lament on a 4 speed so many times. IRS may be an argument but anyone who's been in a Yukon/Tahoe and driven that versus Expy IRS back to back, try and tell me they are damn similar in comfort with a driving/handling edge to the T900's...

CobaltSS
BUT DAMNIT they DO NOT have fold flat seats LOL I'm sorry that's pathetic:rolleyes: (and for ANYONE who can't tell I think it's stupid that that's been such an issue to "reviewers")

·
Registered
4,820 Posts

CobaltSS
2009 Tahoe would not be "all new" according to the TOTY requirements and thus would not be eligible to win.

·
Registered
756 Posts
So help me, if they offer a 6.2 in the tahoe, and not the 1/2 ton trucks, wtf are they thinking.....

guess they are'nt.
But they will be offering expanded use of the 6.2L in the non-denali 1/2 ton trucks, my post refers to the Sierra/Silverado 2009 changes. Sorry for not specifying that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts