GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I like how Ford officially calls the side inlets on the premium grille "Nostrils". We always called them that but it's funny to see Ford do it. The Explorer has gone too long without a fascia or dashboard update, it will be 4 model years.

I remember the first car to have "nostrils" was the 1997 Mercury Tracer :)

And yes, when it comes to BOF SUVs, the Explorer is the last of the Mohicans and the best one available.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Wait for the Bronco
That's the problem with most all cool cars from GM and Ford, they're always 18 months away and they only sell in small volumes, so there's no rush. Man, being an enthusiast is frustrating. What makes it even worse is that no matter what great vehicles debut in the next year or so, I'd still have to wait until it's 3-4 years old to afford it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
So there will be a new Bronco? What does GM offer that will be like that? Any renderings?

This sound interesting.

Is ford going with the Bronco concept and Explorer America concept on their trucks in the next 5 years?

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Blech. The black-grille seems bargain-basement.

I like how Ford officially calls the side inlets on the premium grille "Nostrils". We always called them that but it's funny to see Ford do it. The Explorer has gone too long without a fascia or dashboard update, it will be 4 model years.

I remember the first car to have "nostrils" was the 1997 Mercury Tracer :)

And yes, when it comes to BOF SUVs, the Explorer is the last of the Mohicans and the best one available.
The best SUV is probably the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is all-around superior to this. But, since you said "BOF," then the Jeep is excluded. But is the Explorer really better than the BOF Pathfinder? Or the Borrego? I think they're all middling.

GM still don't have any BOF SUV that comes close to the Explorer class.
That sentance doesn't make sense to me. But I think I understand the sentiment. The Trailblazer et. al. were behind the ball from day 1. The only things the GMT360s had that far, FAR suprassed the Explorer were the engines.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
So there will be a new Bronco? What does GM offer that will be like that? Any renderings?

This sound interesting.

Is ford going with the Bronco concept and Explorer America concept on their trucks in the next 5 years?
Explorer goes FWD/AWD within 2 years.

Bronco was good to go, but is now stuck in development hell.

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Let's say you spend $30,000 on that. Then you drive it 15,000 miles per year for 5 years at 16 mpg. That is 4,412 gallons of gasoline.

Now imagine buying a Corolla for $15,000. Drive it the same amount for the same period of time at 32 mpg. Use 2,206 gallons of gas. You are left with $15,000 and enough gas for someone else to drive another Corolla for 5 years.

See how it works?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts