GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After every car deal is over, the dealer adds on the taxes and license fees AND the car company's ad fees. They say that this is a must and can't be omitted. Okay, it won't break the bank.
But what do you get?
Well, Dodge has been sending me a very nice, high quality magazine labeled "DODGE". Take this month's issue; it is a 68-page book that has some fine articles in it. For example, it covers the Hemi product engineer's trip out East to visit the chief project engineer forthe original Hemi. A nice story that gives some background into the history of THEE most famous motor when people discuss American muscle. Also, are some spotlight stories on the NASCAR scene and the usual mail from the people. A pretty nice way of keeping the Dodge name in the customers' minds.
OOh! A Hemi Magnum for under $30,000. Does this mean Dodge is going to build the Hemi-cuda? Can we imagine this?
So, what does GM have? Nothing that I know of. If GM wants to get return customers, this would be a cheap way of keeping people interested in the products.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I know that when I purchased my last new Chevy (back in 2000), I got put on a mailing list, and received car ads. Not a fancy magazine, but general ads to show the new models coming in.

They also send me a card every year on my birthday.

The last Subaru I bought (in 98) I received some kind of magazine every couple months. Geared towards the outdoors, camping, etc... but not specifically about Subaru. But all the ads were Subaru based.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
last night i got, in the mail, a large folder from GM. tons of information and pictures on all current 2004 products. different folders for chev/olds, pontiac/buick/gmc, cadillac, saturn & hummer. it was big and glossy and visually impressive. it outlined the major vehicle options and outlined features such as the GM visa, ONstar, grad rebate, etc. it also showed many options available for GM vehicles (roof racks, floor mats, hood deflectors, etc).

i guess it was informative... but i'll chuck it. they didn't tell me much i haven't seen ebfore, and much more info is available on GM's great canadian website. perhaps it'd be useful in attracting new customers, but i don't think it was worth sending to me. it didn't offer much insight.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Does anyone remember Friends magazine put out by Chevrolet? We used to get that all through the 70's and at least half of the 80's. It sounds like the same thing as the Dodge magazine you are talking about, although not as large.

They would have a mix of travel and home articles, as well as some articles on new Chevys.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gm actually produces 2 very nice, well balenced magazines, one is the Vision magazine (Cadillac) and the other is Motion (Rest of GM). I picked up both of these magazines at my local Cadillac dealer when shopping for a new car.

In the Motion magazine were are articles on Canadian wine, actors, camping gear, etc., and of course GM cars, including a test on the Vibe and a tour through the GM truck plant. Also the mag is about a year old (+ or - a few months). I believe it comes out seasonally (4 issues) and was most likley a Canadian edition, since most of the articles in motion were regarding Canadian topics.

The Vision mag was a Cadillac mag with articles on their paint process, upcoming V-Series, GM Hy-wire, CTS Assembly line article, La Salle, SRX (Amazing pics), A celebrity benifit for kids, fly fishing, CTS test in South Beach, Food, and a look back articls on the 20s. Overall a very good, well witten magazine.

So if you spot either of these mags at your local dealership pick one up, because I found them to be an interseting read.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I keep getting Caddy, Chevy, and Pontiac stuff in the mail about every month.
I also used to get Chrystler when my mom had her Town and Country LXi AWD!! That van owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts