GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Looks pretty decent IMO. Probably not my favorite, but pretty good! It looks a little to much Aveo5 and not enuf Malibu IMO. But still good!

·
Registered
64 Posts
It looks way too Kia Spectra-ish to me. I am sure it will do well with the current gas prices. I am confused, though, as it was my understanding that the next gen Cobalt/Astra would be produced at a new assembly plant in San Luis Obispo, Mexico and a smaller subcompact (Beat, perhaps) would be produced in Lordstown. Perhaps they are gearing up a 2nd plant for demand.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I think this will grow on me and certainly look more appealing when better pictures, from different angles, and available.

My knee-jerk reaction was to complain about the grill, but I think the new Cobalt has nice proportions and will look better in person.

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
It's not bad. It's an inoffensive design that should do well. It's really treading the line between stylish and bland though.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Sticking to the butt-way-too-high wedge of cheese look. A bit of slope makes the car look like its moving, but more is not always better. Will we even be able to see anything but the trunk out the back window?

I wonder if they will stick to this look as long as they did the bloated-in-the-center jelly bean look.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yuck. It really resembles the Aveo5, which is an extremely bad thing. At least it doesn't have the Aveo5's awful grille.

Hopefully the interior/rear will be better.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Sticking to the butt-way-too-high wedge of cheese look. A bit of slope makes the car look like its moving, but more is not always better. Will we even be able to see anything but the trunk out the back window?

I wonder if they will stick to this look as long as they did the bloated-in-the-center jelly bean look.
You can't see a damn thing out the back of a Prius, but people still buy those things in droves. This won't actually be that bad.

Why do the first and second pictures have different grilles?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Looks ok, but I think the headlights run up the fender too much. Throws it off to me.

So a turbo for the coupe but not the sedan? Guess those that want the turbo sedan better get them while they can with the current model.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I am not a big fan of the bland styling of the current sedan.

This isn't much of an improvement on the bland-o-meter, but I don't think it looks bad.

We only have this one pic of it anyways....I still want to see it's butt, which looks to be a bit high. The current cobalt sits too high off the ground, and I wanted to see a more Civic or 3 style stance. It looks to be more like the Corolla at this time.

In any case, I'd like to drive one. I hope it gets 40mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You can't see a damn thing out the back of a Prius, but people still buy those things in droves. This won't actually be that bad.

Why do the first and second pictures have different grilles?
I think the second picture may be of the Daewoo version.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
It looks closer to the Traverse look than the Malibu as suggested. Overall i am not impressed, but i am hopeful.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Where is the fuel economy stuff coming from? Is this just GMi speculation? I hope its true!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's not bad. It's an inoffensive design that should do well. It's really treading the line between stylish and bland though.
That's my problem with it. The current model looked good for six months before the new Civic was released. I don't even like the Civic, but many other's do because it has a much more modern look. This does look more substantial though. I hope the wheels arn't too small like on several GMDAT models.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts