GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw plenty of info on the Cobalt SS Coupe, but not much on the Sedan. Sorry if it's a repost.

SOURCE: Motive Magazine

Like the coupe it'll be available exclusively with a manual transmission that shares space under the hood with a 260 hp turbocharged, direct-injection 2.0-liter four. The sedan goes on sale next fall as a 2009 model, but the coupe will hit dealers later this month as an '08. Pricing will start at $22,995, with a $495 limited-slip differential, a sunroof, metallic paint, and a rear wing being the only options. That price is equal to the larger HHR SS' base, but the Cobalt will come standard with Continental summer tires and larger Brembo brakes behind the wheels.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think the pricing and options are for the 08 coupe - I'm sure they'll go up in 09 - so the sedan may still have a slushbox optional. Also, I hope they aren't gonna slap that gigantic wing on the sedan:eek:.
Anyway, the wheels, to my eyes, look better on the sedan than the coupe.
EDIT: nevermind, I just reread the first sentence...well, maybe it'll be added later...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
This is actually a nice looking compact sedan from the outside but the weakness of this car is the hard plastic in the interior. Why can't GM just take the Astra dash which is very similar with a different center stack (has a screen on dashboard) and integrate it into the Cobalt ? The car will then go into its next update still very competitive !!!!!! Minimal dollars GM !!!!!!

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
its not minimum dollar dollars though to redo an entire dash and pay for the tooling and validate it and everything.

Well if you had a NEON srt4, this is your superior replacement car:D

I'd so put a large spoiler on the sedan, even though it'd look awkward as all get out! Coupe still has superior looks overall though.

CobaltSS

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Now this is pretty nice. I can definitely see this as my daily driver. Save the G8 GXP for the weekends
You'd buy a $35,000+ sedan just for the weekends?

I really like this SS Sedan idea. I just wish it wouldn't have been preceded by the recent SS sedan that had the 2.4. Having two SS models, one supercharged and one not, was SO DUMB. I hated that idea. This is a much better approach and should put the Civic Si sedan and old SRT-4 models to shame.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You'd buy a $35,000+ sedan just for the weekends?

I really like this SS Sedan idea. I just wish it wouldn't have been preceded by the recent SS sedan that had the 2.4. Having two SS models, one supercharged and one not, was SO DUMB. I hated that idea. This is a much better approach and should put the Civic Si sedan and old SRT-4 models to shame.
i have a $53K corvette just for weekends. :D

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I like it. Especially with the low profile spoiler rather than that tacky gigantic wing on the coupe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I like it to, and be a good sleeper aswell.

From it looks alone, most people will think it as stock and thats a good thing for a car like this. So with it looking stock on outside, you could surprise most everyone with its performance then.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
That small spoiler looks pretty bad. It reminds me of the v8 SHO's way-too-understated "skateboard" spoiler.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a tall spoiler, but something that weren't as boring would be much welcomed.

I like the Civic Si Sedan's spoiler:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The only thing that i really dislike about the new Coupe/sedan Cobalt SS is the exterior is pretty boring!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Fantastic car. My only complaint is that it looks too much like the $14,000 Cobalt sitting right next to it on the dealer lot. Don't rice it up, but it needed more than wheels to change the looks....However, I"ve always liked the Cobalt, and this drivetrain is amazing....

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
if the Cobalt base looked very nice then it wouldn't need to be drastically different and it isn't. there's nothing wrong with the base level LS or LT cobalts, they aren't CTS stylish but cost 1/3-1/4 the price so what did you expect?

The low spoiler is same one from the Cobalt Sport/LT2 models...I actually think it works well with the look as the Civic has a more creased spoiler to go with its creased lines.

CobaltSS

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
America's most cramped sedan gets performance.

There is something wrong with this picture.

Can a Malibore SS be far behind?

Nothing like traveling fast, miserably!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.