GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chevrolet MPV [Spied]
July22

General Motors will be introducing an all-new ‘people mover’ for the 2010 model year, and our spy photographers spotted the upcoming MPV while out testing. The Delta-based MPV will be built at GM’s Hamtramck, Michigan, plant – alongside such future vehicles as the Chevrolet Volt and next-generation Malibu.

Codenamed MPV-7, this new ‘people mover’ will be closely related to the next Opel Zafira – although it will have a unique look. The front-wheel-drive MPV will offer seating for either five or seven passengers – depending on the options and packages that the customer chooses.

Chevrolet will be the first U.S. GM brand to get a version of the Opel-based MPV, but it still remains possible that Saturn could receive a version of the MPV-7. However, earlier reports indicated that the Saturn version would still be produced in Europe.

continued at http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-mpv-2010.html

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: New Chevy Minivan

I say it's a new Saturn, not a chevy. If you look at the grill and then at the new spy photos of the new Saturn Aura, it makes sense. One of the pic over at leftlane, you can see they are uncovering some vehicle, either crossover or this mini-me van.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I say it's a new Saturn, not a chevy. If you look at the grill and then at the new spy photos of the new Saturn Aura, it makes sense. One of the pic over at leftlane, you can see they are uncovering some vehicle, either crossover or this mini-me van.
In the UAW list of GM production commitments leaked last year, I'm sure that it referred to a Chevy Gamma or Delta MPV to be produced at Hamatrack alongside the Volt. So (if my memory is correct) its a Chevy.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
It's the return of the Venture! Run awayyyy!!!
Actually, come to think about it, this may not be a bad idea as long as it gets good fuel economy and good functionality.

·
Registered
277 Posts

In the UAW list of GM production commitments leaked last year, I'm sure that it referred to a Chevy Gamma or Delta MPV to be produced at Hamatrack alongside the Volt. So (if my memory is correct) its a Chevy.

10-4 on that one...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts

It has hinged rear doors = not a minivan (per the title).
I was gonna say.. is GM getting back into the minivan game. Im glad u pointed that out.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
They stated it was similar to the Opel Zafira....

So Saturn will be cutting the Outlook and bringing over/building the Opel Zafira. And Chevy then will get a version of it. Sigh. GM again makes no sense. Give Chevy the full fledged minivan (what the Traverse should of been), and let Saturn handle the small MPV market.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
there really will be a full range of crossovers from GM within the next 5 years! With the Nox getting bigger, this fits the slot beneath it.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
there really will be a full range of crossovers from GM within the next 5 years! With the Nox getting bigger, this fits the slot beneath it.
It's interesting that you should say this vehicle would fit into the marketplace sized smaller than the new Nox. I'm interested in knowing what the dimensions of this MPV are. From the images it looks quite small. When I read it would be capable of 7 passengers I looked harder at the images to try and figure out how much room would be available for 7 passengers. The only way I could see 7 in that vehicle is if it had two jump seats, similar to older pick-ups, behind the second row seats.

I think GM really needs to stop messing around with designing new people haulers and make a decent mini-van. Those that don't like mini-vans have cross over or truck options like the Lambda's or the Tahoe's and Suburbans but for the rest of the folks make a capable mini-van that can compete with the Caravans and import models.

I just don't see this vehicle being a big success because it's yet another vehicle fitting between segments and not providing a capable solution to either segment.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Ok,1-How many vehicles does Chevrolet need in their line up? 20? 30? 100? 1000?

2-How many 7 passenger vehicles do we need period? It does not even have sliding doors, so it's what? a CUV? an MPV? This, the Equinox, the Traverse, etc etc, if the Equinox is offering a 7 seater and a 4 banger in the base version, then where could there be any need for this is the Chevrolet Line up?

I dont even see it working for Saturn really, but at least there is a place for it there.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What if this is the next Equinox? Size-wise, it looks about right...

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Anyone else notice that the camo has cut outs for conventional doors and the sliding doors?

The headlights seem to look like the ones on the current VUE.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I'd be in the market for one of these to replace my Safari with something far more fuel efficient. Nice, GM!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts