GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering.... I'm thinking about purchasing a Colorado or Equinox...

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I've narrowed down my next New car to either the Equinox or the Pontiac G6.

Pickup trucks do absolutely nothing for me.

I would be sold in an instant on the Equinox, if there was an SS version or something with more than 180hp.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rex,
That makes me wonder if they will sell an SS version have you heard of anything? Maybe they could put the Vue Redline package in it...

Ryan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I really need to read over my posts some times!!! Darn the Malibu!!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 5 2004, 10:38 AM

I would be sold in an instant on the Equinox, if there was an SS version or something with more than 180hp.
Get the G6! :lol:

Or the Malibu MAXX.

I've read that the Chinese 3.4L is a stop gap measure for the Equinox, until the Tonowanda 3.5L production ramps up. It would be a shame to buy one this year and have the 3.5L go into them next year...

As for me, the Cobalt gets my vote. The headlights are a little too Toyota-large, but forget the supercharged 2.0L - the awesome 170hp/170 torque VVT Ecotec engine is just what the market asks for. Here's hoping that it is as good as we are anticipating.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i voted cobalt. i mean i PREFER the corvette, but i think the cobalt is an example of GM done right. or at least that's the impression i have thus far. they appear to have nailed the market. it's the right car at the right time for the right price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the topic of the Cobalt? Why not just call it a Cavalier? It really does look like a next version of the Cav. I've had 3 Cavaliers now, two Z24s and one base model, which I lovingly call my "little red commuter", 105k+ miles.

Ryan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Then wait a little while REX... ;)

where is the none vote... :D

I guess I would say that the Vette is the best thing from chevy... by a long shot.

The cobalt is an example of accountant design. Its nice and all but could have been much better if they(GM) would have spent some money in design. Still not thinking world class.

The Malibu... man this thing is just sick looking... and the maxx.... ICK, a wagon with a lil decklid... geez.

SSR very nice, thought it looks way to high, and I can see the frame way to easy,also way under powered. Needs at least 400-450HP to match the look, (at that price)

Equinox- this is nice, very lexus flavor... though the rear lights are a lil old now. Cummon' GM these lights are a little over done.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 5 2004, 03:50 PM
Rex,
That makes me wonder if they will sell an SS version have you heard of anything? Maybe they could put the Vue Redline package in it...

Ryan
In 2007 there will be an Equinox SS with the 3.9 V6 and 6T70 6-speed automatic. The Torrent GT will get the same powertrain. The Suzuki version will get the 3.6 HF V6.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The Equinox is nice (sans clear tail lights).
The Colorado trucks are pretty damn slick.
The Malibu does not really impress me.
I want to see the Cobalt in person soon.
The Corvette.. what can I say? Bad ***.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Rex, I have heard rumors that the Equinox will be powered by either a Supercharged 3400 V6 or a NA 3500 V6, I think it will be the first choice!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by rme8494@May 5 2004, 05:17 PM
On the topic of the Cobalt? Why not just call it a Cavalier? It really does look like a next version of the Cav. I've had 3 Cavaliers now, two Z24s and one base model, which I lovingly call my "little red commuter", 105k+ miles.

Ryan
it's a case of chev not wanting to carry all the old cavalier baggage. cavalier, though always an okay car in my esteem, has never been solid competition for the corolla and civic. chev wanted the cobalt to have a chance, and not be crossed of shoppers lists before they even look at it because of the name. same reason we're not likely to ever see another fiero. but nothing i stopping you from buying a cobalt SS and slapping some cavalier Z24 badges on to keep the name running!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 5 2004, 03:04 PM
This thread isn't about me!
It's rme8494's thread.

he wanted to know Colorado or Equinox.
I know, but you sounded interested in an Equinox SS, take it easy man... :lol:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 5 2004, 09:38 AM

Ditto, my next car will be either the Equinox or G6...And if I wait that long, maybe a Solstice :D

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i'd actually consider the G6, solstice, equinox, vue, colorado, ion quad coupe, and malibu my next vehicle. i like alot of what the general has to offer these days... or in the days to come! a few of those are a little too single-use to suit as an only vehicle... G6 is looking good!

any new thoughts rme8494? leaning one way or another (colorado or equinox)?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Where's the "none of the above"?

I am becoming very disappointed in what GM has been designing. It is falling into the realm of consistancy. Meaning, too many of the vehicles are sharing the same features and lack any sex appeal. That may sound strange to some but to me the car has to be attractive as well. It is part of the Whole package. GM has new lines that tend to attract the same tastes. Only their Truck sales are doing well while the car sales are on a downward trend.

IMO :)

But to be fair and answer for rme8494, go with the Equinox.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts