GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great idea for a new Chevrolet Commercial:

"Introducing a brand new Chevrolet. Featuring quality, tough, rugged value from a company you trust. With new models like Malibu, Colorado, Aveo and more, Chevrolet is beginning to look even better for the future".
(All models driving at same pace. Each one in metallic gold)
"With the most reliable trucks on Earth, and the best built cars ever. Great vehicles to take a look at".
(Chevrolet logo, name and motto come up. GM logo and and name come at the bottom with NO fine print)

:downloading: :afro:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I think Americans are de-sensitized to the current words Chevy uses:

Longest lasting, reliable, quality, "like a rock"

The commericials that I hate but are admittedly good are the Acura ones where they say something like "They improve over time like a good wine," -- well, not exactly that but similar. Comparisons to clockwork mechanisms and talk of "Precision Engineering" are also catchy.

GM needs to put some of those JD Powers facts out there, and needs to give specifics. Instead of "the longest lasting trucks on the road", which could mean nothing more than regular maintenance and a lot of parts replacement over the years (even the whole engine), I'd like to see GM talk about how one of its cars has an engine which is known to be the most trouble free over a period of 10 years or something.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Oct 27 2003, 10:26 AM

The commericials that I hate but are admittedly good are the Acura ones where they say something like "They improve over time like a good wine," -- well, not exactly that but similar. Comparisons to clockwork mechanisms and talk of "Precision Engineering" are also catchy.

GM needs to put some of those JD Powers facts out there, and needs to give specifics. Instead of "the longest lasting trucks on the road", which could mean nothing more than regular maintenance and a lot of parts replacement over the years (even the whole engine), I'd like to see GM talk about how one of its cars has an engine which is known to be the most trouble free over a period of 10 years or something.
I agree Acura commercials are good, I think Caddies are better slightly. The Best commercials are that of Fords, they dont state any specific numbers so you cant debate them they just say "We have the smoothest riding SUV" (Not neccesarily true, but what are you going to do, make people sit in everysingle SUV and judge for themselves? "We are the best values"-Dodge << Getting kind of old, but people respond to it. However the whole We will give you a Free Caravan with a purchase of a Ram is getting old, they are pretty much giving away all their inventory, they look cheap. Not that the 0% financing at GM is helping things...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Nov 3 2003, 12:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Nov 3 2003, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Oct 27 2003, 10:26 AM

The commericials that I hate but are admittedly good are the Acura ones where they say something like "They improve over time like a good wine," -- well, not exactly that but similar.  Comparisons to clockwork mechanisms and talk of "Precision Engineering" are also catchy.

GM needs to put some of those JD Powers facts out there, and needs to give specifics.  Instead of "the longest lasting trucks on the road", which could mean nothing more than regular maintenance and a lot of parts replacement over the years (even the whole engine), I'd like to see GM talk about how one of its cars has an engine which is known to be the most trouble free over a period of 10 years or something.
I agree Acura commercials are good, I think Caddies are better slightly. The Best commercials are that of Fords, they dont state any specific numbers so you cant debate them they just say "We have the smoothest riding SUV" (Not neccesarily true, but what are you going to do, make people sit in everysingle SUV and judge for themselves? "We are the best values"-Dodge << Getting kind of old, but people respond to it. However the whole We will give you a Free Caravan with a purchase of a Ram is getting old, they are pretty much giving away all their inventory, they look cheap. Not that the 0% financing at GM is helping things... [/b][/quote]
Personally I find Ford commercials to be lackluster, bland, and poorly worded. "If you haven't looked at Ford lately, look again"... Umm...honestly it sounds mighty desperate to me...

<_<

·
Registered
285 Posts
The Malibu commercial reminded me of the Lumina, Celebrity, Citation, and just about every other highly-hyped Chevy car to hit the roads in the last 20 years.

Check this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1&category=1316

"The first Chevy of the 80's. You've got to drive it to believe it."

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahaha I just read the line "precision engineering".

As an engineer to be, percision isnt really all that good if its not accurate. both accurate and precision are 2 different words with 2 different meanings.

example, if i throw a dart at a dart board and i hit the right hand corner all the time... im very "precise", but not "accurate" as my target is the center bulls eye... just a little thought next time you hear that phrase.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I have to give Chevrolet a big thumbs-up on their Malibu commerical. It is very importis, which that is needed to get the Camry and Accord buyers...

133 Posts
I would like to see them play up the theme, "You're a woosie if you drive an import. Be a man, drive a GM Product".

They are starting to get products which they can do that with.

I do see many men cowering in their imports, afraid of their own shadow. Us men need to be challenged.

Just a thought. Stay Strong.

133 Posts
Cool ad for the SSR. I sent this to Chevy but they replied and said they couldn't take 'unsolicited' ideas.

Simple:
1). Give an SSR to Billy F. Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard of ZZ Top to drive around for a few weeks.
2). Then put them in a studio to write and record a song which will capture the passion and enthusiasim of the SSR.
3). Then Chevrolet sponsors their tour with SSR's at each show, and a picture of an SSR and the Chevy logo on the curtain covering the stage.
4). A very simple commercial for the SSR would be a rehash of the ZZ Top video for "Gimme All Your Lovin'", with this new song in the background.

It'll do two things: rehash ZZ Tops career which needs a boost. I've gotten their last couple CD's. but frankly, other than a couple mediocre songs, they leave much to be desired. Too weird. And live, they just go through the motions and play to the first couple rows.

And second it'll rehash Chevrolet's career.

Later... from Abq to the Santa Monica pier.

133 Posts
How about?

"Chevrolet - looking forward, by looking back"

Of course, you will need a line of vehicles that are "retro" looking, or have real classy lines, similar to the SSR or SS concept.

What are your thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts