GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're about a week away from the official unveiling of the Cadillac LYRIQ (Cadillac appears to consistently use all-caps for the name) and they've issued a partial picture of the vehicle, plus a closeup of one of its wheels. Instead of a typical gas-door-style opening for charging access, a whole section of the lower fender acts as the cover. The Cadillac fender crest (possibly a button?) is stylistically integrated into the panel opening and an illuminated charge-port outline within. (The metallic badge at the bottom reads "GM Design".)

I realize this is a prototype but for those interested in details, notice how the lines from the wheel's carbon-inlays extend and match-up with lines molded into the tires.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
So far so good! I like those rims, and especially how they tie into the tires as noted by Syclone478! And aren't those lines similar to the lines in the "grill"? Though if the tires/rim lines are for production, how hard is it to do that when you have to replace the tires (meaning will your local tire shop be able to easily do that?)?

A lot of neat little details, hopefully the production version has them along with the light up surround for the charger (I assume it will so you can see what you are doing if you have to plug in in the dark.

·
Premium Member
35,497 Posts
I don't get into heavy breathing regarding little lines on the wheels and tires. But if details are important, that's fine.

All I want to know, for the 999th time, is when is GM/zerozerozero/MaryMaryMary going to fix the one-eyed look? There must be something gravely askew in Engineering if they can't figure out why One Headlight Good, Two Headlight Bad. One Running Light Good, Two Running Light Bad. GM visits Animal Farm.

THAT'S the attention to detail I'm interested in. I'm not going to wait up tonight for the answer to that.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
So far so good! I like those rims, and especially how they tie into the tires as noted by Syclone478! And aren't those lines similar to the lines in the "grill"? Though if the tires/rim lines are for production, how hard is it to do that when you have to replace the tires (meaning will your local tire shop be able to easily do that?)?

A lot of neat little details, hopefully the production version has them along with the light up surround for the charger (I assume it will so you can see what you are doing if you have to plug in in the dark.
As a former tire changer it should be super easy for your local shop to line up the grooves of the wheel with the side wall.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
As a former tire changer it should be super easy for your local shop to line up the grooves of the wheel with the side wall.
Not a big deal, but it is a neat little detail. Nice to hear that the local shop can do it. Though I suspect most won't unless the customer specifies to line up the rim with the tire patterns. If I were installing tires myself I don't know if I'd be looking for something like that as I don't recall any other car ever having such a detail.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I don't get into heavy breathing regarding little lines on the wheels and tires. But if details are important, that's fine.

All I want to know, for the 999th time, is when is GM/zerozerozero/MaryMaryMary going to fix the one-eyed look? There must be something gravely askew in Engineering if they can't figure out why One Headlight Good, Two Headlight Bad. One Running Light Good, Two Running Light Bad. GM visits Animal Farm.

THAT'S the attention to detail I'm interested in. I'm not going to wait up tonight for the answer to that.
What the hell are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Not a big deal, but it is a neat little detail. Nice to hear that the local shop can do it. Though I suspect most won't unless the customer specifies to line up the rim with the tire patterns. If I were installing tires myself I don't know if I'd be looking for something like that as I don't recall any other car ever having such a detail.
It really is a great detail. Love it!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looks like the charger is hidden behind a panel that moves forward to access the charger. I suspect that panel is powered to move itself back and forth.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Looks like the charger is hidden behind a panel that moves forward to access the charger. I suspect that panel is powered to move itself back and forth.
Be cool if it is motorized, or I wonder if it is mechanical with dampers, press the Cadillac logo and it pops out.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Just remember to recharge before your battery is empty.

Not much room behind the hubcap. I hope they haven't re-invented the wheel here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts