GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Notice how the center exhaust is much more pronounced? It is also split vertically, insteased of horizontally. I think it looks much better, more aggressive this way. It is definitely staying there by looking at the detail/ finish they put into it for the testing car.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
That car is soooo BAD A$$!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe GM is making a car with a center exhaust!!!:hyper:

It looks better than the concepts exhaust too!

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
This is just in, Cadillac is HOTT!
No Joke...

I just wish they would speed up the intro of the new BLS and XLS, keep the SRX, along with the BRX, and redo the XLR with the MCE (exterior, and interior).

Kill the Northstar, boost the 3.6L Di to 320HP, Give a turbo version of it perhaps at 380HP, and drop the 6.2L LS3 in every vehicle it's selling rated at 430HP. Vseries would get Supercharged versions all rated at 550HP.

YES... I Said "KILL THE NORTHSTAR." It was Brilliant, but like Pavarotti... it's time has past.:yup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
No Joke...

I just wish they would speed up the intro of the new BLS and XLS, keep the SRX, along with the BRX, and redo the XLR with the MCE (exterior, and interior).

Kill the Northstar, boost the 3.6L Di to 320HP, Give a turbo version of it perhaps at 380HP, and drop the 6.2L LS3 in every vehicle it's selling rated at 430HP. Vseries would get Supercharged versions all rated at 550HP.

YES... I Said "KILL THE NORTHSTAR." It was Brilliant, but like Pavarotti... it's time has past.:yup:
Yeah we all have this dream of Cadillac changing over night, but we must accept that big companies have to move slower than we'd like.

I do like your vision of Cadillac, they should introduce a BLS replacement A.S.A.P. since it would be really expensive to develop a large luxury sedan that won't sell well regardless of how well it may be desired. Offer the 2.0L turbo ecotec in it and an option 3.6DI. This way they wouldn't have to develop a new motor. They could base it off a Holden Berlina even. They could make this car with all these cost-saving methods, and produce a desirable product if they make sure all the edges and seems are blended together good. The XLR needs enhancement, it has grown stale over the years, why pay a 100,000 for a XLR-V when you can buy a ZR1 'Vette for that amount. Don't let me stray off topic from the CTC though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Repost or not, this is probably my favorite Cadillac since the 1976 Coupe DeVille (the last of the big boys).

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Originally Posted by CmicasatheGreat
No Joke...

YES... I Said "KILL THE NORTHSTAR." It was Brilliant, but like Pavarotti... it's time has past.

Yeah we all have this dream of Cadillac changing over night, but we must accept that big companies have to move slower than we'd like.

I do like your vision of Cadillac, they should introduce a BLS replacement A.S.A.P. since it would be really expensive to develop a large luxury sedan that won't sell well regardless of how well it may be desired. Offer the 2.0L turbo ecotec in it and an option 3.6DI. This way they wouldn't have to develop a new motor. They could base it off a Holden Berlina even. They could make this car with all these cost-saving methods, and produce a desirable product if they make sure all the edges and seems are blended together good. The XLR needs enhancement, it has grown stale over the years, why pay a 100,000 for a XLR-V when you can buy a ZR1 'Vette for that amount. Don't let me stray off topic from the CTC though.
Basically I looked at BMW, Infiniti, Benz, and even Acura's line-ups and came up with this.

Take BMW and match it up.. Cadilac would be fine

XLR vs 6series
XLS vs 7series
CTS vs 5series
SRX vs X5
BRX vs X3
BLS vs 3series
Escalade vs X6
and perhaps an Alpha or Kappa based Roadster to compete with Z4

I still believe that Saturn should have not gotten the Sky and it should have gone to Cadillac.... same with the Outlook should have been a Chevy. Saturn should have had the CORSA (and Tigra), Astra, Aura, Meriva, and Vue... a two door and 4door... all coupled with Mild or Dual Mode Hybrids. Dealership network combined with Saab.

Now I'm way off of the CTC topic:lmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts