GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,361 Posts
First off, I love women, and I am glad they are part of the human race. From mother Mary, to my mother and all the women.

Next, Man, seems like the Vsport has a true successor...

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,275 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned on GMI, but the Motormouth pair made the CT5-V their top pick of 2020 a while back. I happened to run into this last night after watching their review of the new Civic (possibly my next car, stick shift of course).

They pick the 10 best cars that they tested in 2020, first nine are listed alphabetically, the tenth is overall winner, that's the CT5-V. Hop to the end of the video to see their comments.

·
Registered
18,146 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned on GMI, but the Motormouth pair made the CT5-V their top pick of 2020 a while back. I happened to run into this last night after watching their review of the new Civic (possibly my next car, stick shift of course).

They pick the 10 best cars that they tested in 2020, first nine are listed alphabetically, the tenth is overall winner, that's the CT5-V. Hop to the end of the video to see their comments.

They did a really nice job with it! GM got the recognition they deserve. And, I really like the interior direction - very simple to use infotainment, interior not overdone, a la Mercedes, they got it just right for this Cadillac customer!

·
Registered
492 Posts
They did a really nice job with it! GM got the recognition they deserve. And, I really like the interior direction - very simple to use infotainment, interior not overdone, a la Mercedes, they got it just right for this Cadillac customer!
in general I agree, but it's too gloomy. It needs colors. brown, dark blue, etc. Sth. that Genesis offers :(

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Lol...they drove a new Porsche Taycan and a 911 Cabrio in beautiful weather but they chose the CT5 V over both...Yeah, someone needs to check their bank accounts...you'll probably find a check from GM for that endorsement.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,637 Posts
maple sugar is cool. The problem is the upper part of the dashboard, it's always black on ct5 unlike on xt5.
True - that would be a nice addition to change the dash color.
True. I've got a vehicle now with black interior and dashboard top and it's annoying how the "dust" and "lint" collects and shows so quick and easily. Constantly wiping it off with the little brush gizmo.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
4 years maintenance? Are they doing that in the USA too?

This is one sweet looking ride! It looks so strong and muscular. When the CT5 was unveiled I remember the endless pages of comments how it looks like a Saturn/Cruze/Honda and one particular post of a bunch of white, entry level cars and said the CT5 looks exactly like them. I love the CT5's looks.

Good review! Keep it up Cadillac!
And it looks like none of them. it’s gotten to the point that any sedan that has aerodynamic proportions is said to look like every other car in the road. It strikes me that lots of people pay no attention to details.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I saw a white CT5 350T up close today (90% certain it was a luxury trim). And I realized something the photos never succeed in doing. While this car is shorter than the 3rd Gen CTS, its proportions make it look longer. It definitely looks lower and more athletic (although whether that makes it better looking or not is up to the viewer).

It looks fantastic inside and out. It had the jet black interior, but it looks much blacker than it does in most pictures, where sometimes it can look like a dark grey.

One of the things I hate about digital photography is one of the arguments used in digital photography’s favor: digital cameras see ”better“ than the human eye. That means what gets rendered in digital photography often looks different than what we would see with our eyes. And this is why, increasingly, you have to see a car in person to fully appreciate it —- including their poten flaws.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
18,146 Posts
I saw a white CT5 350T up close today (90% certain it was a luxury trim). And I realized something the photos never succeed in doing. While this car is shorter than the 3rd Gen CTS, its proportions make it look longer. It definitely looks lower and more athletic (although whether that makes it better looking or not is up to the viewer).

It looks fantastic inside and out. It had the jet black interior, but it looks much blacker than it does in most pictures, where sometimes it can look like a dark grey.

One of the things I hate about digital photography is one of the arguments used in digital photography’s favor: digital cameras see ”better“ than the human eye. That means what gets rendered in digital photography often looks different than what we would see with our eyes. And this is why, increasingly, you have to see a car in person to fully appreciate it —- including their poten flaws.
A lesson most on GMI never seem to learn. We've had so many "GMI freakouts" - say the CT5 c-pillar kink or the Silverado styling, with endless pages of the sky is falling, then we see it in real life and it looks good. GM CGI never looks quite right and no pictures can capture "presence" that you can only see in real life.

·
Registered
12,885 Posts
Lol...they drove a new Porsche Taycan and a 911 Cabrio in beautiful weather but they chose the CT5 V over both...Yeah, someone needs to check their bank accounts...you'll probably find a check from GM for that endorsement.
Very true

Most reviewers are taking cash from manufacturers or they threaten to pull advertising dollars from websites and magazines its been happening for decades

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Very true

Most reviewers are taking cash from manufacturers or they threaten to pull advertising dollars from websites and magazines its been happening for decades
The craziest part is that I'm the only one (well you too) that saw through it. I feel like Im in the twilight zone. "Oh yeah we drove a beautiful new 911 Cabrio and a Cayman, Boxter, and Taycan...but we think this drab grey CT5 V (VSport) is the best car we drove all year and we're sitting in it right now!" ha...whatever

And before someone says that I'm just hating the CT5...I'm not, I actually like the CT5(V), its the CT4 that I've never been a fan of. But give me a 911 convertible on a sunny day and there's a good chance you'll never see me again to get it back.

·
Registered
18,146 Posts
Very true

So wouldn't then all manufacturers be threatening to pull advertising dollars if they don't get the win they paid for? If so, then these reviewers will no longer get ad dollars from anyone but GM as GM got the win?

Look at the reviews for the CT5-V, virtually every reviewer has a blast with the car. While I don't have the CT5-V, I do have the CT4-V which gets similar reactions from reviewers and I can attest to the fact the car is FUN - it is hard to drive it and not have a grin on your face. The CT5-V deserves the win.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts