GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
18,183 Posts
4 years maintenance? Are they doing that in the USA too?

This is one sweet looking ride! It looks so strong and muscular. When the CT5 was unveiled I remember the endless pages of comments how it looks like a Saturn/Cruze/Honda and one particular post of a bunch of white, entry level cars and said the CT5 looks exactly like them. I love the CT5's looks.

Good review! Keep it up Cadillac!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
It's a really good review. Liking this car a lot. One thing I found kind of well.... whatever, was his comment about the rear end of the car and the styling putting a lot of people at odds with it. I think its just fine and got a kick out of starting at 9:28 and especially at 9:58 where he says it has a "chunky rear end" and he "likes a meaty rear end" :rolleyes: Hmmm....:eek: :ponder: :lmao:.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,753 Posts
4 years maintenance? Are they doing that in the USA too?
Cadillac used to do that in the U.S. market, but that program was discontinued after the 2016 model year (2017 for XT5):

Terms for Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance in the U.S.
  • 2017 XT5 and all 2011-2016 Cadillac vehicles are covered during the first 4 years or 50,000 miles of operation, aligning with the terms of our 4 years or 50,000 miles bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
  • 2017 and 2018 Cadillac vehicles are covered during the first 3 years or 36,000 miles.
  • 2019 and newer Cadillac vehicles are covered for one year or 12,000 miles of operation with one complimentary service visit.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
493 Posts
the fit and finish on this car and the way it's put together is as good as anybody else in this class
End of discussion.

Saw my first one in the wild today, not sure what trim it was, but its got presence.. Just like the CTS.. There is no mistaking it for anything but a Cadillac
good to hear that. Too bad this reviewed car is grey with dark interior not black with beige :(
Hopefully they'll offer not only black interior on the blackwing.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,660 Posts
Saw my first one in the wild today, not sure what trim it was, but its got presence.. Just like the CTS.. There is no mistaking it for anything but a Cadillac
Yes it does. I've seen a couple on the streets and at the dealer and it is a striking and beautiful design IMO and does have a "Cadillac" presence about it.

·
Registered
18,183 Posts
Cadillac used to do that in the U.S. market, but that program was discontinued after the 2016 model year (2017 for XT5):

Terms for Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance in the U.S.
  • 2017 XT5 and all 2011-2016 Cadillac vehicles are covered during the first 4 years or 50,000 miles of operation, aligning with the terms of our 4 years or 50,000 miles bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
  • 2017 and 2018 Cadillac vehicles are covered during the first 3 years or 36,000 miles.
  • 2019 and newer Cadillac vehicles are covered for one year or 12,000 miles of operation with one complimentary service visit.
I had the 4 year/50k with my ATS, it was nice. I'd love to have that back with my future CT4 - guess I'll have to buy it and drive all the way to Canada for servicing :D :D :D

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,276 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice to see such a good review. There seems to be a lot of hate out there for CT4/5 on various sites, kind of disappointing. Also disappointing is $2500 rebate already on CT5, including V. Altho I did take advantage of these savings on my new car, worried that they will have short lives. I loved my gen 2 CTS, looks and all and think this new design is great looking too. I’m hoping it appeals to a younger generation as Cadillac has the oldest average age of all brands.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
1,220 Posts
Nice to see such a good review. There seems to be a lot of hate out there for CT4/5 on various sites, kind of disappointing. Also disappointing is $2500 rebate already on CT5, including V. Altho I did take advantage of these savings on my new car, worried that they will have short lives. I loved my gen 2 CTS, looks and all and think this new design is great looking too. I’m hoping it appeals to a younger generation as Cadillac has the oldest average age of all brands.
I only see a $2000 rebate. Do you think that was just specific to your area?

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,276 Posts
Reactions: wallus13

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I'm sure they are quite capable performers.....they're just IMO ugly.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,316 Posts
Beautiful!

I personally love the car - especially the V which is what I would buy today if I was in the market.

I always loved the CTS but the price was high (and no incentives) and interior wasn't up to snuff when I bought my XT5. Would be a different story today!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Cadillac Circa 2013: "We're going to raise prices because people will buy them". Crickets cricketing. Cadillac 2020: "We're taking our pricing to 2011 levels, because crickets". Anecdotely the ct4 and ct5 are not staying on the lot long. Every one my dealer gets sells.

·
Registered
18,183 Posts
Cadillac Circa 2013: "We're going to raise prices because people will buy them". Crickets cricketing. Cadillac 2020: "We're taking our pricing to 2011 levels, because crickets". Anecdotely the ct4 and ct5 are not staying on the lot long. Every one my dealer gets sells.
Same here - they are selling quickly!

I was on board with the higher pricing to help them get into the big boy club. But clearly it didn't work. GM (and any other make) needs to earn it's way into the segment until they can price on par with the Germans. Part of the price tag on any luxury brand it you are paying for the image. Cadillac doesn't yet have that image, so they can't charge for something you aren't getting.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,316 Posts
Cadillac needs car sales and if they have to make less to do it then so be it.

They can cash in the big profit on those Escalades which I am sure will sell like hotcakes.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I've gotten complements on my black raven CT5 V every where I go. Happens all the time.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts