GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out.. Look under Buick '06 probably already posted but..
its confirmed as a new buick sedan, and according
to the person.. this picture does not do the actual
car justice. just thought i'd spread the word,
Even though the La Crosse is crappy, Buick still may
have hope.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...oit_spy_report/

CHecK it out.. see the resemblance to the velite!!
and look when I posted this!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by thatoneguy@Jan 28 2004, 01:05 AM
have hope.

looks like it's copying the Arts & Sci :(

·
Registered
922 Posts
The buick reminds me of a Ford. And a Buick CTS???????

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by thatoneguy@Jan 28 2004, 01:05 AM
have hope.

:angry: The Lacrosse is not crappy, I just hope the tail lights acutally looks like what the ads in Chicago posted!! I'm not sure <_<

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it would be a step in the right direction for a Buick comeback.
No offense to any lovers of the current Buick lineup but, its
bland and old. Correction, the LaCrosse isn't crappy, it just
isn't the buick turn-around car that we all thought it might be.
But this new Buick, i think it could be.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by babershah@Jan 27 2004, 08:42 PM
:angry: The Lacrosse is not crappy, I just hope the tail lights acutally looks like what the ads in Chicago posted!! I'm not sure <_<
I think the taillights will be just like in the picture. It makes sense- from the pic, I could see them fitting into a car similar to the GP.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The many Buick concepts pictured there are all better than the LaCrosse. I think there is an improvement in the looks of all the current models. They still aren't up to par with the rest of GM, but they're making steps...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I actually think that the current Le Sabre and Park Avenue are the two best looking sedans GM has in their inventory. The new Cadillacs look like box on wheels, the new Chevys look like crap, all that's left is Buick. I hope they don't screw it up. From the Popular Mechanics link, it sure looks like they will screw it up.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by StevenJ@Jan 27 2004, 10:35 PM
From the Popular Mechanics link, it sure looks like they will screw it up.
I wouldn't take that PM picture too seriously-- they're usually pretty far off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by StevenJ@Jan 28 2004, 04:35 AM
I actually think that the current Le Sabre and Park Avenue are the two best looking sedans GM has in their inventory. The new Cadillacs look like box on wheels, the new Chevys look like crap, all that's left is Buick. I hope they don't screw it up. From the Popular Mechanics link, it sure looks like they will screw it up.
You have some bad taste in cars, no offense...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by 2004_SRX_+Jan 28 2004, 09:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2004_SRX_ @ Jan 28 2004, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StevenJ@Jan 28 2004, 04:35 AM
You have some bad taste in cars, no offense... [/b][/quote]
I like the LeSabre the best of all the Buick sedans.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Originally posted by 2004_SRX_+Jan 28 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2004_SRX_ @ Jan 28 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StevenJ@Jan 28 2004, 04:35 AM
You have some bad taste in cars, no offense... [/b][/quote]
Actually I think his tastes are perfect. Unfortunately some people think that if old people drive a car it can't be good. If they took a second look at the car, they see a much more thought out design, and an overall better proportioned car than some recent GM designs. (The Malibu and Impala come to mind)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle+Jan 28 2004, 04:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr_Pringle @ Jan 28 2004, 04:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StevenJ@Jan 27 2004, 10:35 PM
From the Popular Mechanics link, it sure looks like they will screw it up.
I wouldn't take that PM picture too seriously-- they're usually pretty far off. [/b][/quote]
i usually don't.. cept i had somebody very knowledgable look
at the pic, and he said it was very close, but that real car
was more shapely and less stiff. sounds good to me!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by crazywop112@Jan 29 2004, 08:56 PM
Buick really needs a cool flagship car. I like the pic in that article.
Yeah that car looks nice, cleaner and different than the Lacrosse, I wish a smaller Buick looked like that.

That's what Cadillac does with STS and CTS, STS looks a bigger and more luxurious CTS, BMW does it with 5 series and 7 series. And Lincoln does it with Navigator and Aviator (aviator is smaller, but will become car based)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by chevypower91@Jan 29 2004, 10:04 PM
At first glance it looks like a Lexus from the front end. Is that the official press photo?
I think this is just Popular Mechanics was given by GM, there have no official pics yet!!!! :( :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
They need to bring the caprice from australia here and turn it into a new roadmaster.Buick should have a big car in its line and also a new riviera.
I love my regal gs but its me and my wife now after a couple of kids I want a big
sedan I have no interest in owning a minivan and im not that loyal to gm not to buy a new dodge magnum wagon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts