GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think it looks pretty good too, I would move over if I seen that in my mirror, it looks pissed off. Oh yeah have any butt shots? ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
A $60,000 GP with BMW stickers should sell well to the faithful.

·
Registered
790 Posts
blah, nope, there is still no new gen bmw that has been released yet that i like. o well they arnt out to please me, im too poor, but i think its mainly just the headlights, and the rear end (i dont know about this one, but yeah) i like the bumper it makes it at least look like an angry ugly duckling.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah, a little too much Z4 in that front end. 60k? I thought it was more like 80K? Remember, you have to pay a whoooole lot for those fancy badges :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
looks sweet to me. also, does anyone actually think people confuse BMW's with Pontiacs? that has to be the most retarded thing i've ever heard. the only thing even remotely similar about the cars is the grille, and BMW has had grille's like that for years and years, it's not like they copied Pontiac. pretty much any BMW made over the last 20 years has looked better than any pontiac from the same period. anyway..that argument aside, the car looks nice...the back end of the new 5 could have been better IMO, but maybe the M version will look better. look out for that V12 though :mf_boff:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yea I too don't see why people say BMW copied Pontiac or Pontiac copied BMW. The fact is that they both started off with very different grills and over time they smoothed them out to blend with the times and now they still BARELY look alike. Pontiac grills swoop down more and BMW grills are still more rectangular in shape.

On the M5:

I think it looks good. The lower trim makes it really sleek and helps me forget about those cat-eyes headlamps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow I see a lot of open minded people here who totally appreciate the cars made by Europeans and Asians and not biased towards GM. :p

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@Feb 29 2004, 03:21 PM
looks sweet to me. also, does anyone actually think people confuse BMW's with Pontiacs? that has to be the most retarded thing i've ever heard. the only thing even remotely similar about the cars is the grille, and BMW has had grille's like that for years and years, it's not like they copied Pontiac. pretty much any BMW made over the last 20 years has looked better than any pontiac from the same period. anyway..that argument aside, the car looks nice...the back end of the new 5 could have been better IMO, but maybe the M version will look better. look out for that V12 though :mf_boff:
Oh please the Korean Pontiac Lemas looks 10X's better than th eloust 318t. With the Lemas U knew U were gettimng something crappy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
awh that thing looks mean imagine driving down that autobahn with that thing and people seeing that coming up on them fast in there rearview mirror, they would move out of the way quick, ok guys sorry enough fantasy land for me

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@Feb 29 2004, 01:21 PM

Yea you're probably right, there is no resemblence what so ever between these two cars.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by darrelld@Mar 2 2004, 06:03 PM
Yea you're probably right, there is no resemblence what so ever between these two cars.
not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... i truly don't see any real similarity. i think the new nissan front end (sentra, altima & maxima) is very close to the new mitsubishi front end (galant, endeavor & overlander), however... kinda got that bucktoothed look. *shudder* fugly stuff.

i can't stand the 5-series touring, but this is suprisingly much better. still a little too odd for my $60,000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts