GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw new aveo commercial. sort of cool, i guess. features a red aveo driving around with 4 people in it.. voice says "yeah, its kind of small.." ::then you see it thru the view of a fishtank:: then says "parana small!!"..

then it goes on to point out that its affordable and no other car in its class offers am/fm with mp3 player!

music is what really suprised me, they used ICE CUBE's "Roll All Day" lyrics are
"Now we could roll all day, if i could ride all night". i found the lyrics for that sound,and no wonder then didnt use the rest of the song, theres tons of cuss words!! lol

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I must point out that, the digital Yellow Tangs in the visual-through fish tank always move to the opposite end of the tank as the Aveo. That's the humor of the commercial.

In real life, there should have been a Capybara or partial Tapir skeleton swimming away from the "piranha-small" Aveo, as Yellow Tangs are marine fish, and should they find their way into an Aveo tank, they would find themselves eaten by piranhas, I think.

The Aveo brochure is funnier: "103 Horsepower, No Hamsters."

I think GM should get Richard Gere as their spokesperson for the Aveo.

Then again, my head is flat, green, and held on by bolts, so what do I know?

Ghrankenstein

:frankie:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahah yeah I saw it when I was watching cribs today. I thought it was pretty cool. They had 2 of them in a row.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I read that the Yellow Tangs weren't the only things digitized, the people seen through the windows of the Aveo were digitized to look smaller - and make the Aveo look larger inside.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Jan 24 2004, 07:04 AM
I read that the Yellow Tangs weren't the only things digitized, the people seen through the windows of the Aveo were digitized to look smaller - and make the Aveo look larger inside.
was wondering how you'd put 4 grown folks in that tiny car and look like they are having fun. i know if i was one of the back seaters i'd be pissed.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Actually, the back seats in the Aveo aren't bad at all. They're not great or anything, but not bad.

Ghrank

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I was impressed with the Aveo, my local dealer got a Red LS Sedan and I went and tok a peek at it....

I also noticed they had a discount on it already

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Jan 24 2004, 01:54 PM
I was impressed with the Aveo, my local dealer got a Red LS Sedan and I went and tok a peek at it....

I also noticed they had a discount on it already
How is that possible, whats the discount? $50, and a Panera Bread gift card... :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was checking out an Aveo at the DC autoshow. It's a really nice car. I would make a great commuter! And there is PLENTY of room in the back for two adults. The cargo area is a little small, but only if you have 4 people inside.

The thing is, in this segment, I'd most likely end up getting a nicer used car. But for those who dream of getting their first new car, this could make it entirely possible for a whole segment of people....and if the car holds up well over time, it would be a steal as a 2 or 3 year old used car sale!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yes, you know, those ITALIANS.
They are Lamborghini, Ferrari (lets count Fiat out of this one), and Maserati.
All legends, all great vehicles.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Jan 24 2004, 12:35 AM

The Aveo brochure is funnier: "103 Horsepower, No Hamsters."

I think GM should get Richard Gere as their spokesperson for the Aveo.

Then again, my head is flat, green, and held on by bolts, so what do I know?

Ghrankenstein

:frankie:
That is great it really says no hamsters. :roflmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts