GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsche/911/2022/2022-porsche-911-gt3-first-ride-review-photos/

Front and center in the new instrument panel is an analogue tach that reads to 10,000 rpm, flanked by screens either side that can show all the information you get in a regular 911. There's a special GT configuration that pares back that info to the minimum a race driver wants: Tire pressures and water temp on the left hand side and oil temperature, oil pressure and fuel level on right hand side. And curving around lower rim of tach are shift lights that appear in Sport manual mode comprising thin yellow graduations that build in height then flash blue at the upshift point

·
Premium Member
32,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It’s going to be eaten alive by the C8 Z06, hopefully the Z06 returns to its basic roots, which is light, manual, raw track car

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
A camel will walk through the eye of a needle before the C8 gets a manual. Or some version of a *******ized biblical quote illustrating the extreme odds against such based upon the words of the actual, you know, engineers who designed the thing.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've suggested before GM should let the user customize the dash display. Have some widgets (slider, digital, sweep, ... gauges) that can be colorized as desired with possible emphasis(color, bolding, flashing) for warning and alert levels that can be sized and positioned on the screen. Allow the customer to create the outline on a PC and load it onto a usb stick that you plug into the media slot. As many display options as my vette has, I find some little nit I'd like to alter about it, and being a software guy, know how easy it should be to tweak this stuff. The article opines about the 911's dash, imagine if the customer could truly configure it. Sure there would be some standard displays, but a few custom ones that I can define would be fantastic. Anyone who has used Tcl/Tk knows just how easy it is to craft a GUI in a very short time frame.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Is this the most expensive stick shift car in the world? Except maybe that new T.50 thing? I don't care, I want it! But for cars under $100K, I'd take a C8.

·
Premium Member
32,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A camel will walk through the eye of a needle before the C8 gets a manual. Or some version of a *******ized biblical quote illustrating the extreme odds against such based upon the words of the actual, you know, engineers who designed the thing.
Sadly, this apparently is the case, fast without the experience of control, I guess.. respect Porsche for keeping the manual alive, even at the expense of some performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts