GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see it? Its when hes wit all thoes mob bosses and then his whole crew rolls up. They have a closeup of a HUGE egg crate grill much like the 300's.
Also, in Chingys video he drives a new black XLR. Could the XLR replace teh SL500??? :woot2:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
300C?
Why would they want to put that ugly car in the commercial.
I hope it doesn't have a HEMI? :lol:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mark my words. Chrysler and Dodge have a hit on their hands with the 300 and the Magnum. Starting at around 22K and going up to 35K with the 345 HP Hemi running through a 5 speed Mercedes transmission. yea, they've got something good on their hands. Let's not forget the Mecedes designed suspension and seats along with alot of other parts from the German Star company.

Chrysler was originally going to offer the 300 with only the Hemi and start the price at 30K, maxing it out at 40K. Looks like they learned their lesson from the Pacifica that they aren't ready to start selling $40K cars yet. So they decided to offer two V6s as well. THAT will sell cars IMO.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't even care if the Japanese created this car.
The point is the car is ugly, un-powerful (yeah a HEMI, for $35K which no one's gonna buy), did I mention ugly.
I don't care if 50 Cent, or a Barbie doll is in a video with the 300C. It sucks.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I actually like the 300c...it looks brutish...and basically it is when you fork over the extra couple grand for the 345 HP. and like Sgt Beavis said....it's gonna be a hit...mark our words. You'll be eating yours when it starts selling

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell yeah, I figure Dodge is gunna hit soon with a sedan, and shortly after with a possible coupe. If the Magnum right now is sitting at 30ish witha hemi, the sedan will probably be around there, and a coupe might actualy be under 30k. A stripped down version could be more around the mid 20's to take sales away from the mustang. If Dodge markets this car like GM didnt do with teh fbodies, and really puts a beating on this like they did wiht the Hemi Trucks, this could turn into a great pony/muscle car battle. But Dodge has to strike now while SVT is away for a few years. They can have the best car out of the 2 easily. And not only that, but GM will have to come out with a coupe then, and offer a 5spd auto and manual, and cheap if they want to compete. Id be more then happy to hand some mustang owner his arse with a hemi couple untill the Camaro returns, if it ever does. The more time goes by with no info on a chassis, no info on a plant, no info on spy pics or insider info.... the more I grow into a Mopar man.
If DCX can hit the mark with interior quality and over all good build that wont fall apart in 2 years, id walk in to a dodge dealer and plunk money down on a new hemi magnum coupe. And the 300c is looking really good. Very muscular, yet very luxurious. DCX could have a hit on there hands. More power then the imports, better quaity, better control and handling, great warrenty, great looks.... this car could blast off. Im 20 and I like it. My little brother thats 8 likes it, my dad whos 49 likes it... Both cars appeal to many ages. But, if it came down to a 375hp hemi coupe for 30k or a 400hp LS2 GTO for 30k... money is on the GTO.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Yeah I am with gmwsag here. I couldn't possibly image how 50 Cent could go from 300C in his video from countless Cadillacs that R&B artists have used in past and current videos. The thing looks like it was designed in the 60's, and it aint even retro (that is how ugly it is). Its not american at all, the only american thing in it is that it has a Hemi, big whoop. They should just call it Mercedes-Chrysler-Benz

·
Registered
613 Posts
To me, the 300 looks like a Bentley. And IMO that is a good thing.

Say what you want, but station wagons are back. Mazda helped to jumpstart that segment with the MP5 and GM has helped it along with the Vibe. They pretty much proved that you can build a cool wagon. The Magnum IS cool and when priced at the low 20s, they'll sell plenty IMO.

More American cars sold = a good thing. It doesn't matter if it's GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Feb 3 2004, 12:12 PM
Then why did they call this website GM Inside News instead of Domestic Cars Inside News... :D
The main focus of this website is GM vehicles.
However not everyone ONLY likes GM, and people are entitled to their opinions.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
sort of like the 300 and the magnum. could only see myself getting one if chevy doesnt come thru with a v8 rwd impala. 300 with v8 hemi would be nice alternative, but i'd rather have a chevy!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
sales hit? nah. looks to polarising. love it / hate it cars don't sell in record numbers (ahem aztek), but what they do is produce some damn happy consumers. and engines don't sell cars in big numbers. seriously... for every guy or gal who wants the hemi, there'll be dozens more interested in the cupholders and seat fabrics and trunk space. even with a powerhouse like the 300 and magnum. they're still big sedans / wagons... a great alternative, perhaps, but still appealing to a large and often prozaic group.

that's not to say they won't be succesful... but generic sells (impala, taurus, accord, camry). not being silly here... i know these aren't minivans... but i really don't imagine we'll see them selling like crazy. they deserve to do well... and i HATE applauding DCX... but cars that sell in record numbers need lotsa buyers... and the masses are a pretty tame bunch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Feb 3 2004, 09:28 PM
...love it / hate it cars don't sell in record numbers (ahem aztek)...
I thought that everyone considers the Aztek a "hate-it!" Seriously, if anyone does "love" it, they... well they can't be helped at this point.

I like the 300C, it looks nice. Nicer than something I'd buy at my age, but I would love to drive one around now and then. I'm not as enthusiastic about the Magnum. Also, I don't want to hear, "Hey, does that Magnum have a 'Hemi-Magnum'?!"

I remember reading a while ago that the Charger R/T probably wouldn't be produced unless the magnum sells well. (Unlikely, but it might sell decently.) That is very unfortunate because I was looking forward to the Hemi Charger. (Assuming the production vehicle was cleaned up a bit from the concept.)

The Charger was supposed to be built off the same LX platform as the 300/Magnum, so I doubt that they built 3 different vehicles. Maybe if the magnum FAILS MISERABLY, they cut it and bring out the Charger!

Also, it'd be referred to as a 'Hemi Charger' more often than a 'Dodge Charger,' so... would the Dodge Magnum be referred to by the same name as its motor? "Hey! Does that Hemi Magnum have a 'Hemi-Magnum?!'"

I like Chrysler just as much as I love GM, just in a different way. (Kind of like the way you love your lifted off-roader, but just as much as you love your muscle car.)

Laters,
Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts