1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
whoa a major step backwards

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Hopefully they have a new automatic transmission going into the new vehicle. The current transmission is the worst aspect of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Not loving either. I like the Smart (aside from the previously-mentioned awful transmission), and find it, umm, smart, for city use, but the new looks aren't an improvement.

The 4-door will be clobbered by its much more cohesive and attractive platform-mate, the Renault Twingo.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I'd rather have a Twingo

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
For a couple thousand less I can get this with an aluminum frame, alloy wheels, two-tone sport seats, wood-accented dash and a more engaging driving experience.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new ones are considerably bigger though. Especially the height (61"), pretty unusual for this type of car, will appeal to the elderly. It makes for easy boarding. Together with the Smart cars' limited length, old people will be harmless when backing out from a parking place. I smell sales in the State of Florida.

·
Premium Member
35,813 Posts
Ohhhh bay-bayyyy!! ;) I am a-headin' right down to the Smart Store!! :lmao: Gotta have!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
977 Posts
So the "smart people" buying "smart for two" will now be able to get a "smart for four" so they can cram their "smart kids" in the back instead of just getting a real car.....God help us!

Reactions: Neanderthal
1 - 16 of 16 Posts