GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While wating at the barber shop to get a haircut, i saw a new Popular Mechanics and turned to the Spy Photos Detroit page and found a pic of the new 2005 Chevy Tahoe. It looks like a Chevy Trailblazer EXT until i read the title of the pic. Sorry, not enough time to read the column on it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I've heard word of about a pic of a restyled Avalanche floating about,as well

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man I was all excited to see the pic, but you were just informing us about it... thats ok too. I guess I will go buy a pop mech magazine.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
There will probably be a minor re-style to go along with its interior re-do, but nothing drastic. Most Tahoe/Suburban buyers are very conservative. I mean look what happened to the Expedition, it used to outsell the Tahoe, now its the opposite (and the Expedition ssn't even that liberal.) I wouldn't be surprised...(the Tahoe and Suburban are lookin pretty old...)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
TaHoE,

I realize this discussion is about the updated 2005 Tahoe. I have one question. Isn't this design the supposed future sheet metal design direction for large Chevy trucks & SUV's? Please correct me If I'm wrong. Thanks!

Image courtesy of gmcanada.com. Chevy Cheyenne Concept.

Ken

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, couldn't find the image on their website. The truck looks more like a Chevy Trailblazer EXT than the Cheyenne concept, but the silhouette shape (not the details) does sort of have the shape in the front.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow...

Now I'm really confused.

I asked what changes were coming for the 2005 Tahoe and was told that there would not be any major changes to the outside.

I know they will (finally) be adding some features like an available DVD-NAV system but I thought the change to the front end was scheduled for 2006-2007.

Can anyone confirm the redesign will take place on the 2005 models?

And a picture would be really nice. :laughbounce:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Snap315@Jan 7 2004, 05:41 AM
Wow...

Now I'm really confused.

I asked what changes were coming for the 2005 Tahoe and was told that there would not be any major changes to the outside.

I know they will (finally) be adding some features like an available DVD-NAV system but I thought the change to the front end was scheduled for 2006-2007.

Can anyone confirm the redesign will take place on the 2005 models?

And a picture would be really nice. :laughbounce:
Heres the deal with the '05 Tahoe:

It will still use the GMT800 chassis, however there may be some slight suspension and chassis upgrades, but its doubtable seeing that editors rave over how well the Tahoe and Suburbans ride.

Its styling will be more progressive, Trailblazer sounds about right. More aggressive, but not too agressive to scare away current conservative buyers. I doubt it will look similar to the Cheyenne seeing how most of the crowd didn't like it that much, but some do as well (Kinda 50/50). Design will be hard to figure out, but I think somewhere between the Trailblazer and Cheyenne sounds like a good bet.

Power from the 5.3L will likely be bumped to at least 300HP. Due to technological improvements by 2005 and the fact that the 5.3L is hugely under-rated (remember when it was 250!)
I will try to photoshop something when I get a chance (which wont be for a long time, ive been working overtime till 9:30-10 for a huge project for a client and well, I could use the money, lol.) Ill get back to you guys as soon as I can with a photoshop.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I sure wouldn't mind a grille change, taillight change, and dash refresh right about now.

The current Tahoe looks about as fresh & new as a Jeep Wrangler.

They do look good with those aftermarket conversions, though.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Its OOOKay...but it looks like a photoshop, the right mirror is black while the left mirror is color keyed...whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
looks good to me- with an interior update, it should do the job-- hold the model in esteem until the completely new one arrives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
And from that article this will be the 2006 year Tahoe.

So it appears that there will be no major changes to the 2005 model.

I'm not sure I'm happy about that now... :(

When I get my 2005 Z71 it will become the "old" style the very next year. :angry:

oh well. I can always trade it for a newer one.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Snap315@Jan 9 2004, 02:43 AM
And from that article this will be the 2006 year Tahoe.

So it appears that there will be no major changes to the 2005 model.

I'm not sure I'm happy about that now... :(

When I get my 2005 Z71 it will become the "old" style the very next year. :angry:

oh well. I can always trade it for a newer one.
I dunno why they are saying 2006, its supposed to be '05. Well Maybe Model Year? I dunno...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts