GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The father of a friend of ours passed away a few months ago. Since cars are a bit of a passion for me she asked if I could help her unload a 67 Jaguar. I'm waiting to hear from her to go and see the car so I can determine the model and condition etc etc

So I need some help here. I'm based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Can someone point me in the right direction to have the car checked, appraised and sold?

Please leave any info here or feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Re: Need help with classic Jag.

I could always swing by and take it off your hands, then you would have nothing to worry about :D

But good luck with the transaction, I have no clue where a good place might be. Do you get to drive the car at all during this deal?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I could always swing by and take it off your hands, then you would have nothing to worry about :D

But good luck with the transaction, I have no clue where a good place might be. Do you get to drive the car at all during this deal?
It would be nice, but I want to treat this with respect. Its clear she does not really have an attraction to this car, but still, if I had some nice rides sitting around and passed on without specific instructions as to what to do with those cars, I would at least want the next owner to be the right one.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

So she had it appraised last night. Its a 67 Jaguar XKE, Red. It needs serious interior work. The Exterior is dusty, but free from blemishes, swirls or scrapes. it won't turn over and after some thinking I am sure it is the fuel pump. It's "complete' or all original.

I'll post some pics here and in the for sale thread I am planning on starting later.

She is asking for $18,000.00

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

Ya if I had the money and a location I would love to have this for that price to fix up and drive around. Maybe ill talk to my dad and see if I can talk him into it. I doubt it but I could try, he would want more of a muscle car if he ever did get a project car.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

Ya if I had the money and a location I would love to have this for that price to fix up and drive around. Maybe ill talk to my dad and see if I can talk him into it. I doubt it but I could try, he would want more of a muscle car if he ever did get a project car.
It is an XKE, they will top 150 mi/h, more muscle than muscle car :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

It is an XKE, they will top 150 mi/h, more muscle than muscle car :D

Still it doesnt give that muscle car feel or look. Plus those are the kind of cars he grew up being around and owning so... (I am thinking the same as you do) When Coaster gets some pics up ill send them to my dad, but I dont expect it to amount to much (although I hope it would).

I wish I could do it, but right out of college, student loans, just buying a car, no house or garage to keep it in, ya the cards are not in my favor for something like this.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Pics:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

wow that was weird, right after I posted that, the pics came up. I think Coaster was just waiting for me to say that somehow. Well Ill send them to my dad see what he has to say.

Well I sent him a link to this page, we'll have to see what he has to say about my comments.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
My god... It is also a coupe! Beautiful!

The exterior looks really good, just needs a nice cleaning and a a few things straightened up here and there, the interior though, well, you are right when you said it needed to be re-done.

What a fun project car this would be!

-Chase

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
By no means an expert on E-Types but is this a Series 1 1/2 which is widely regarded as the most coveted model?

Like others fans of these beautiful cars I've watched E-type values continue to climb over the years and even unrestored examples are worth a pretty penny today if unmolested and not blighted by rust. Perhaps not (yet) as highly valued in the US as in other markets - for instance you might want to check UK sites for prices of 'repatriated' ex-USA cars. Whether coupe or convertible they can bring serious $$ if mint but are not a cheap car to restore in the manner they deserve.

[Edit] For a laugh here's a well known Top Gear youtube on E-Type

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW91gwiaFsk

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Check out Sports Car Market. They'll show what these have brung (brought?) at auction.

I said it before, but apparently if you say the actual, non-slang, scientific word for what makes a guy a guy, you get in trouble. So I'll have to say it differently: This car looks like a phallus. Or wang. Or johnson. Or schlong. But not *****, because we can't say that word. Anyway, I read that in an actual car magazine once, and I must say the author was right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts