GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into leasing a double cab silverado and am getting quotes back that I think are high. I'm looking at only putting 1k down and am getting quoted around $360. I want a v8 with heated seats. The dealer said he personally pays $290 for same truck but gets employee discount. Is there a way for me to get sponsored by someone to get that discount. I presently have an 11 tahoe and 10 cts. I want to trade in the cts. I am a teacher and a credit union member, so I get supplier discount. Please can someone give me advice on what I should do. Maybe I am being unrealistic. Help

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
2WD or 4WD, how many months, how many miles? - All these factor it what you lease payment is.

Personally I think you can get a better deal on a double-cab, they aren't selling as expected, deals are deep.

Have you considered purchase? Do you have any equity in the CTS? At $360/month with a $1,000 down you could almost buy one and own it at the end, verse giving it back.

You should try and keep the CTS trade separate, they'll want to lump it together confuse you and get you coming and going.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just heard back from dealer 1k down $339 a mth for low mileage lease on a 15dbl cab z71 4x4 all star edition with heated seats and throwing in running boards. Here's the kicker they're offering me only 18k for my 10 cts it has 40k miles on it it's the premium model with every option available. Was really shocked by that, it's totally in mint condition not a scratch or dent. What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh by the way my pay out is 13k I usually only keep my cars for three years at the most. I was just hoping to take that equity and put it in the bank and have a lower payment by leasing and getting a Gm card and use points as a down payment

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Just heard back from dealer 1k down $339 a mth for low mileage lease on a 15dbl cab z71 4x4 all star edition with heated seats and throwing in running boards. Here's the kicker they're offering me only 18k for my 10 cts it has 40k miles on it it's the premium model with every option available. Was really shocked by that, it's totally in mint condition not a scratch or dent. What do you think?
I can buy a 2010 cts with 40k at auction right now $14000 sounds like a deal.

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
That doesn't sound too bad considering the equipment and it being a supplier discount, as far as the trade, linton would know.

Plug your info into AutoTrader: Trade-In Market Place

·
Registered
363 Posts
Trade-ins are kind of like watching sausage made. No one really wants to know what they actually got for their trade-in. But these leases pretty much shine the light if you ask the right questions. But then again, maybe you are better off not knowing. I haven't done a lease since the investment tax credit went away ('85?) but if you like 'em then you should do 'em. I've also never traded a car in, but that's just me.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
I would say that is a LOT of truck and 339 is OK price and depending on what the LOCAL truck market is like you might be able to find something on a lot with more discounts on it and it is possible to ADD heated seats aftermarket (some dealers have in-house customization-aftermarket shops that will do it) and to get a deal done the dealer may offer to do it for free

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
if they are giving you $ 18,000 for your 10 CTS TAKE IT and dont look back ! Clean retail on them is around $15,000. They depreciate badly, as you can see. As with most of the more expensive GM products, lease, and drop the keys off after the lease expires. Alot of people did that around 2009 and GMAC died as a result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.