GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.car-revs-daily.com/2014/10/06/road-test-review-2015-lincoln-navigator/

Re: 2015 Lincoln Navigator Review

"This is where the real surprises started to sink in. The Navigator is much, much quieter than the Escalade EXT we drove right afterward. Where the Cadillac is all wind whistle around the mirrors, the Navigator is peaceful and silent even at full throttle. The Cadillac Escalade has big V8 exhaust drone, and this is fun at first but can be tiring versus total silence."

"But most surprising is how much lower the floor feels versus the Escalade EXT and its twin second-row chairs. The standard-length Navigator here is much easier to move around inside than the standard-length Escalade, with roominess that is more like the EXT overall. But even the Escalade EXT has such a high floor that the central row is better-crawled than walked."

"But is it quick? Yes, yes it is. After a millisecond of fluff while the engine comes on-steam, the Navigator charges ahead on a floored throttle very eagerly. In 2WD, the Navigatar had solid traction where the Escalade EXT was all axle tramp and spinning inside tire. That Escalade had shockingly little grip in 2WD mode versus the Navigator, and rode much springier than the hunkered-down and chill Navigator too."

"Both the Escalade and the Navigator have gen-three magneto-rheological shocks, but their tuning is totally different. The Escalade offers Touring and Sport – and both are too firm. The Navigator feels much nimbler while also riding much, *much* smoother and more quietly over bumps. This amazing suspension control lets the 22-inch wheels have only grip benefits and none of the ride harshness consequences that big wheels typically bring."

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
... isn't the EXT the Cadillac Avalanche...?
Yes.

Judging by the factual inaccuracies of the article and the "Navigator wins in every metric" decision of the article from a no-name website... I'm calling this article total bull****.

I'm no fan of the new Escalade and I actually like the new Navigator, but no.

Nice try, wingsnut.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes.

Judging by the factual inaccuracies of the article and the "Navigator wins in every metric" decision of the article from a no-name website... I'm calling this article total bull****.

I'm no fan of the new Escalade and I actually like the new Navigator, but no.

Nice try, wingsnut.
This is the first comparo I have seen.
If you have another that is somehow more legit in your mind, please post it.

And you are welcome.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That read like a Lincoln advert through the eyes of a Ford fanboy, except for the part where the writer thought the Navi had the same Magnetic Ride Control system as GM (wtf?).

Praise for the Navi's ancient-looking interior? Really? Shock and awe over second row climate control and power outlets? You can get that much in sub-$30k crossovers.

As far as price goes, you can comment on the value aspect of the Lincoln all you want, as long as you recognize that the Cadillac looks every bit of $20,000 more luxurious inside and out. Which brings me to my next point: the Navigator is a GMC Yukon competitor. If value is even a factor, you won't be shopping Escalades, which is true of any genuine luxury vehicle.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That read like a Lincoln advert through the eyes of a Ford fanboy, except for the part where the writer thought the Navi had the same Magnetic Ride Control system as GM (wtf?).

Praise for the Navi's ancient-looking interior? Really? Shock and awe over second row climate control and power outlets? You can get that much in sub-$30k crossovers.

As far as price goes, you can comment on the value aspect of the Lincoln all you want, as long as you recognize that the Cadillac looks every bit of $20,000 more luxurious inside and out. Which brings me to my next point: the Navigator is a GMC Yukon competitor. If value is even a factor, you won't be shopping Escalades, which is true of any genuine luxury vehicle.
No, the premium trimmed Expedition competes with the redundant Yukon, and beats it spec for spec.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
All new D35 GTDI is in the works, with big bumps in power and efficiency.
Combine that with an aluminum body and the new 10 speed, and I see little room for the GM triplets to breathe.

Looks like they have 73% of the market for breathing room. A monumental shift isn't going to happen overnight... and do you mean the 10 speed GM is co-developing with Ford? By the time the trans and the updates come out... probably 2017.

If YOU know, do you think GM doesn't? New trucks are already slated for 2019.

...or do you not understand what product cadence is?

·
Banned
369 Posts
GM really should have put some engineering into the latest Escalade. It appears Lincoln could take a bigger bite of the luxury SUV market.
It is nice to see some real competition and things can only advance from here. GM needs to finally put independent rear suspension in the Escalade as it is obvious from this review the Navigator has the superior ride and handling.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

Looks like they have 73% of the market for breathing room. A monumental shift isn't going to happen overnight... and do you mean the 10 speed GM is co-developing with Ford? By the time the trans and the updates come out... probably 2017.

If YOU know, do you think GM doesn't? New trucks are already slated for 2019.

...or do you not understand what product cadence is?
That could explain the RWD utility Ford rumor. Ford may be ditching this segment. Who knows.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,309 Posts
Does the Navi have real magnetic shock?
No.

No, the premium trimmed Expedition competes with the redundant Yukon, and beats it spec for spec.
Premium trimmed Expedition competes with the Сhevrolet Tahoe LTZ. Not very successful.
All new D35 GTDI is in the works, with big bumps in power and efficiency.
Combine that with an aluminum body and the new 10 speed, and I see little room for the GM triplets to breathe.
I doubt it. Lincoln is a lame duck now, and I don't see that Ford is developing its "premium"-brand (especially high-tech equipment and luxurious materials).

Although I really like the first generation, but the current Navigator ugliest of all Navigators (since 1997).

1 - 20 of 172 Posts