GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Is it sick that i get slight pleasure out of watching this Camry crash so hard?
No, as long as the driver came out alive. Aren't crashes the biggest reason anyone watches nascar? I couldn't imagine any other reason anyone would watch cars go in circles for hours than the hope that there will be a big crash.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
The fierceness of that crash and the fact that the driver walked away on his own power is testament to the safety of those cars. People complain that they aren't built off stock bodied vehicles, but the driver probably wouldn't have survived if that were a stock bodied vehicle.

As far as watching just for crashes, I'm sure some people do, but I would say most people watch because they love the competition. As far as going around in circles, its not as easy as it appears. The driver of that Toyota was on the track by himself when that happened, can you imagine what its like out there with fourty other cars bumping fenders and swapping paint at 200mph. Those drivers put their lives on the line out there going around in circles and I for one love anything that has 600+ hp and will go 200mph with the ability to go much faster if it weren't for all the restrictions the current cars have.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Wow, that is amazing how high the car bounced whilist rolling...

Watching that, I realized that is what I looked like last time I got in a crash....

Just without the flipping...

It is good that the guy walked away from that though.

-Chase

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts