GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be the new performance-SUV king?
Car & Driver
By: Jens Meiners
January 2015

Up to now, the BMW X6 has defined the “crossover coupe.” With the demise of the Acura ZDX, the just-introduced Mercedes-Benz GLE coupe promises to be the BMW’s first serious competitor. Beyond the standard version, the GLE450 AMG coupe, with its 362-hp twin-turbocharged V-6, Mercedes is also fielding a full-fledged AMG model: the Mercedes-AMG GLE63 S 4MATIC.

Under the hood, the GLE63 packs the 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged M157 V-8, one of the finest engines ever to come out of AMG’s assembly plant in Affalterbach, Germany. It’s rated at 577 horsepower, with maximum torque of 561 lb-ft in the S version, the only GLE63 model coming to the United States. (We might have expected AMG to go with the newer and more efficient M177/178 4.0-liter V-8, which is fitted to the Mercedes-AMG GT and the upcoming next-gen C63 AMG, but we prefer the better-sounding 5.5-liter unit.)

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I think it's much better than the X6 but still seems too much like a late to the party-copy. And from the rear it still looks like a Buick

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I think I'm going to start calling these oddities "Coupeovers." I just don't get the point of them...

·
Banned
943 Posts
Dammit!, I came back to this thread thinking it was some new Mercedes coupe(2dr car) and it was this......thing. I hate this vehicle and I loathe entirely the marketing ass-hat who has twisted "coupe" into meaning a 4dr CUV with no real utility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.