GM Inside News Forum banner

NAIAS: 2016 Lincoln MKX

10K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  Amphibian 
#1 ·
2016 Lincoln MKX officially unveiled
World Car Fans
January 13, 2015
By: Michael Gauthier

Lincoln has officially unveiled the 2016 MKX, ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show.

Previewed by the MKX concept, the production model has a stylish exterior with a split-wing grille that is flanked by optional LED headlights. The crossover also has plastic body cladding, muscular rear fenders and chrome accents. Moving further back, there's a tailgate-mounted spoiler, wraparound taillights and a dual exhaust system.

Lincoln didn't have much to say about the interior but we can see it features higher quality materials and an improved design. Notable highlights include premium leather upholstery, wood trim and metallic accents. There's also a floating center console and a touchscreen infotainment system.

While the company was coy on specifics, they confirmed the 2016 MKX will be offered with a variety of options including 22-way front seats and Revel audio systems with up to 19 speakers. Owners can also use the MyLincoln Mobile app to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from their smartphone.

Speaking of options, the MKX will be offered with adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, a blind spot information system, cross-traffic alert and a hands-free power tailgate. Other notable features include a 360-degree camera system, parallel / perpendicular parking assist and a new pre-collision assist system which will warn the driver and eventually brake the vehicle if an imminent collision is detected. There will also be a new Auto Hold feature which automatically holds the brake pedal when stopped in traffic.

Under the hood, two engines will be available. The entry-level 3.7-liter V6 produces approximately 300 bhp (223 kW) and 280 lb-ft (379 Nm) of torque, while the twin-turbo 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 develops more than 330 bhp (246 kW) and 370 lb-ft (501 Nm) of torque. Both are connected to a six-speed automatic transmission which can be paired to an optional all-wheel drive system.

The 2016 MKX will go on sale in the United States this fall and pricing will be announced closer to launch.

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice job, Lincoln. Exterior, interior, technology, and drivetrain options are all first rate. The 2.7L Ecoboost option is great to see.

The only improvement I can suggest is to place some more trim (wood, aluminum, etc.) on the dash. It looks fine as is, but I think it would look even better with some more trim.

All in all, a very solid entry. I hope it does well in the marketplace!

#23 ·
Some were insisting that the rumored 2.9/3.0 EcoBoost was going to debut on this vehicle and that the 2.7 would NEVER be in the MKX.

I am impressed with the numbers of the 2.7 but I am guessing that is AWD only. I certainly wouldn't want that much power going to the front wheels only.

#29 ·
I don't get the love for this thing. It still looks like a whale in the front, and like every other SUV from the side.

I see nothing original. Nothing that makes me say WOW

But, better late than never.

#31 ·
There is no greater example of "random mishmash of letters" than what Lincoln is doing with their names.

This is the Edge, right? And the MKT is the Flex? MKZ was the Zephyr for 5 minutes and is based on the Fusion? Is the MKC the Escape? It's like they're just pulling letters out of a hat.

#40 ·
MKCompactcrossover?

What makes it confusing is nobody gives enough of a **** to remember it. Same with Cadillac.

ATS, CTS, SRX, XLR, ULC, STS, LTS, XTS, none of that is/was difficult to understand if you had anything resembling an interest and motor skills.

People just don't give a **** about either brand, and thus the old coots left to care about them who weren't already suffering from dementia started to get flustered and confused because their synapses were burning out. Old dogs and new tricks, that kind of thing.

I'd have kept the nomenclature, CT# and XT# are only more linear. Don't care.

Oops I think I hit you where it hurts:lmao:. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. ;)
Oops, I'm not sure they even sell Lincolns in Puerto Rico. I do take it you have clean, running water?

AnD how he doesn't like that envoy isn't as close as he used to be. He thinks he's cheating, for god's sake! :lmao:
Actually, I stopped talking to him because he exhibits unsettlingly narcissistic if not antisocial behaviors.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/antisocial-personality-disorder-symptoms/
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20027920
http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

Bearing in mind that these descriptions are behaviors in extremity and that you don't have to be arrested or a dropout to be either.

You can make whatever jokes you want (which I'm sure you'll do), but for once, I'm serious and I don't think it's funny. Best case scenario, he's just a terrible brat that I don't want to associate with in my personal life anymore.

/my contribution to this thread regarding this topic, argument, whatever you want to call it

#34 ·
This actually does look really nice. Love the side profile and its the first time I've seen the Lincoln front end not look bad.

Reactions: paul8488
#42 · (Edited)
I think Lincoln-specific displacements have been killed and if so I cannot disagree with that decision. It was arguably a pointless attempt to buy differentiation for the sake of differentiation and looks more like Lincoln doesn't want to be seen hanging out with Ford than a truly unique feature. They can do better than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.