·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Lincoln MKX officially unveiled
World Car Fans
January 13, 2015
By: Michael Gauthier

Lincoln has officially unveiled the 2016 MKX, ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show.

Previewed by the MKX concept, the production model has a stylish exterior with a split-wing grille that is flanked by optional LED headlights. The crossover also has plastic body cladding, muscular rear fenders and chrome accents. Moving further back, there's a tailgate-mounted spoiler, wraparound taillights and a dual exhaust system.

Lincoln didn't have much to say about the interior but we can see it features higher quality materials and an improved design. Notable highlights include premium leather upholstery, wood trim and metallic accents. There's also a floating center console and a touchscreen infotainment system.

While the company was coy on specifics, they confirmed the 2016 MKX will be offered with a variety of options including 22-way front seats and Revel audio systems with up to 19 speakers. Owners can also use the MyLincoln Mobile app to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from their smartphone.

Speaking of options, the MKX will be offered with adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, a blind spot information system, cross-traffic alert and a hands-free power tailgate. Other notable features include a 360-degree camera system, parallel / perpendicular parking assist and a new pre-collision assist system which will warn the driver and eventually brake the vehicle if an imminent collision is detected. There will also be a new Auto Hold feature which automatically holds the brake pedal when stopped in traffic.

Under the hood, two engines will be available. The entry-level 3.7-liter V6 produces approximately 300 bhp (223 kW) and 280 lb-ft (379 Nm) of torque, while the twin-turbo 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 develops more than 330 bhp (246 kW) and 370 lb-ft (501 Nm) of torque. Both are connected to a six-speed automatic transmission which can be paired to an optional all-wheel drive system.

The 2016 MKX will go on sale in the United States this fall and pricing will be announced closer to launch.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice job, Lincoln. Exterior, interior, technology, and drivetrain options are all first rate. The 2.7L Ecoboost option is great to see.

The only improvement I can suggest is to place some more trim (wood, aluminum, etc.) on the dash. It looks fine as is, but I think it would look even better with some more trim.

All in all, a very solid entry. I hope it does well in the marketplace!

·
Registered
16,689 Posts

As you would say, back to your box! :p:
I think that looks stubby with FWD proportions..................and so do you.

But it is very handsome nonetheless, and I think will do very well for Lincoln. They should be very proud.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

But it is very handsome nonetheless, and I think will do very well for Lincoln. They should be very proud.
Was joke, megeebee, was joke. It IS stubby, but it isn't as offensive as the Edge.

Agreed. It's sharp. I actually think I like it better than the MKC.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts

It's a shame they showed the concept with the front wheels forward by an inch ... makes the geeks pissed. The RX buying sheeple, however, should eat this up. Well done. My question is .... there was supposed to be a 2.9l engine in there, not a 2.7 .. what happened?

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
It's a shame they showed the concept with the front wheels forward by an inch ... makes the geeks pissed.
the differences in proportions are subtle, but they make a big impact for those that pay attention. (or like to nit pick ;) )
I agree.

At least the concept's nice wheels made it to production. :D
Hey!

I'm not the one who posted this !

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...-up-being-stubby-rwd-proportions-used-189577/[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Aaand that's all there is to it. It'll look even better with the Modern Heritage interior.

Personally, I think new Lincolns look best in black and white. The simple palette lets the lines melt together and the surface detailing reveals itself in shadows or reflections (which I like). Red isn't a great Lincoln color (but that Sunset or Bordeaux color, whatever it is, on MKZ does look good).

Black and white are also as simple as they come and play well with Lincoln's very simple approach to design.

Was joke, megeebee, was joke. It IS stubby, but it isn't as offensive as the Edge.
That's because the Edge is flat out fugly.

A Mini Cooper looks RWD, compared to that rat.

Agreed. It's sharp. I actually think I like it better than the MKC.
Because you have the attention span of a gnat and it's the latest and greatest from your latest pet brand.

It looks phenomenal in black!

So does every car... you might not have noticed.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts