·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Audi Q7 bows in Detroit
World Car Fans
By: Michael Gauthier
January 12, 2015

Audi has unveiled the new Q7 at the North American International Auto Show.

Designed to set new standards in its segment, the redesigned model has an upright single frame grille that is flanked by xenon, LED or Matrix LED headlights. Moving further back, there's prominent character lines, a steeply raked D-pillar and an evolutionary rear end.

While the exterior styling has already drawn a lot of criticism, the cabin features high quality materials and a modern design. Notable highlights include LED ambient lighting, wood or aluminum trim and fabric / Alcantara / Cricket leather or Valcona leather seats. There's also an upgraded MMI infotainment system and a new climate control system with a separate TFT display and capacitive toggle switches.

The model can also be equipped with an assortment of options including 10.1-inch tablets and a 3D Bang & Olufsen audio system.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ruined, somehow I actually liked the gen 1 Q7 and I really believe they toyota-fied this generation. It has become more generic and is so safe of a re-design that it hardly seals the envelope let alone push it.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I'm a little disappointed. It's not bad, or ugly. It's just .....kinda' THERE.

Lot's of very nice details, within a large, fairly uninteresting volume. Still, it's not deliberately ugly like the Mercedes M/G.

The interior is OK. same as the exterior.

Still, Audi's customer base will like this and that's probably the most important thing.

Reactions: sfbreh

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I saw the headline, my interest was piqued because I didn't know it was gonna debut... I was let down.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts

Lot's of very nice details, within a large, fairly uninteresting volume. Still, it's not deliberately ugly like the Mercedes M/G.

Still, Audi's customer base will like this and that's probably the most important thing.
From distinctive to generic in just two generations!

It'll still sell like hotcakes . . . .

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

I agree on all fronts. M is pretty, G is a beast.

Interior is the only notable part of the design... which isn't saying much. It's better than the current Q7... it'll do no worse.

Overall, who cares?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Meh...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.