GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/f-150-raptor-ford-toughest-143000101.html?.tsrc=applewf
Toughest: All-new, purpose-built high-strength steel frame unique to Ford F-150 Raptor, and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body help save more than 500 pounds of weight for improved performance and capability
Smartest: Powered by all-new, high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine with more horsepower and torque than current Raptor’s 411-horsepower, 434-lb.-ft. 6.2-liter V8; all-new 10-speed transmission; advanced LED lighting, camera technology for improved visibility day or night
Most capable: Redesigned, larger FOX Racing Shox with more suspension travel and all-new terrain management technology help F-150 Raptor tackle America’s toughest trails – from dry washes in the Mojave Desert to Moab’s rocky terrain to Michigan mud, sand and snow

·
Registered
463 Posts
There's going to be many Raptor owners very dissapointed the new model lacks a V8. Trust me, here in truck country not everyone is sold on the ecoboost, these guys love their V8 pick em up's.

Other that that, it looks awesome! I wish GM would build something like this.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
So should we expect GM's ZR2 later today or tomorrow?

:ponder:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
So should we expect GM's ZR2 later today or tomorrow?

:ponder:
I heard they are down at the local vinyl graphic shop getting some new ZR2 stickers made up for the NAIAS Colorado as we speak. :)

Seriously this is good news for the Raptor, more HP, lighter weight and should have a little better F/R weight balance too.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
It's being considered. They're still talking about what color graphic and step bar they're going to slap on a Colorado LT.
And if its going to have a; black, chrome or body-color grille, I know, I know...................

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
Not sure how Ford managed to do boxy and round in all the same vehicle.

It still looks good though.

If only the guys over at GM were successful in designing square wheels for the wheel-wells of the Silverado..............

1 - 20 of 84 Posts