GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Re: All New XLR Spotted at Pebble Beach?

What the hell is that car? Ah, its the Evoq (thanks mgescuro). So the better question should be what the hell is GM doing hauling a 10 year old concept out to Pebble Beach for? To remind us of what the XLR could have been?

·
Registered
666 Posts
They've been carting around the Buick Velite for quite a while, too.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Cadillac EVOQ is the single most beautiful motor vehicle produced in the 20th Century.

Period.

It will be remembered,studied, and admired long after the Sixteen is forgotten.

Yes, this really is 10 years old.

·
Registered
44,432 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Cadillac EVOQ is the single most beautiful motor vehicle produced in the 20th Century.

Period.

It will be remembered,studied, and admired long after the Sixteen is forgotten.
Yes, this really is 10 years old.
I agree. And Cadillac proceeded to botch it up with XLR, though XLR wasn't too bad. They really fouled it up with the MCE.

Evoq still looks new. And to my eyes, Sixteen is already outdated with aging lines.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I agree. And Cadillac proceeded to botch it up with XLR, though XLR wasn't too bad. They really fouled it up with the MCE.

Evoq still looks new. And to my eyes, Sixteen is already outdated with aging lines.

The XLR is also one of the designs "saved" by Mr. Lutz when he arrived at GM in September of 2001, in addition ot the STS ( Though in fairness, all he could probably do to the XLR is alter facias). I would dearly love to see what was cleared for production before he ordered the dumbing-down of the "Art and Science" designs. While the CTS sold as fast as they could be built, the designs that bore his alterations faultered.

As for the MCE of the XLR, I can only shake my head. I can understand the work donwe to the grille as a "family resemblance" thing. But the fender vents, functional or not, are simply inexcuseable. Big, cheap looking things.

Every auto exec is obliged to admit at least one mistake. I feel handicapping Cadillac is Mr.Lutz's. As I wrote previously, the failure of the post-CTS designs of the STS and to a small extent the XLR, are the reason for the current pickle Cadillac is in now.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts

Thats a pretty bold statement, I can think of 10 cars right of the top of my head that I find prettier than an EVOQ, I am not saying that the Evoq is a dog, it's pretty, but not the prettiest car of the 20 century.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Thats a pretty bold statement....

I know. And I would probably also admire and love any design you might name. But to my eyes, the Evoq is the top.

To each their own, as they say.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thats a pretty bold statement, I can think of 10 cars right of the top of my head that I find prettier than an EVOQ, I am not saying that the Evoq is a dog, it's pretty, but not the prettiest car of the 20 century.

I wouldn't say it's pretty!

It's not ugly but I can think of hundreds of production cars and concepts of the 20th century that look nicer than that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts