GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/11/mystery-car-spotted-during-transformers-2-filming/

To all of you Autoblog sleuths out there, it's time to go to work. The silver car in the picture above was spotted on the set of Transfomers 2 filming in Pennsylvania. The wheels (cartoonishly large out back) and lines, and the fact that GM is a major player in the film, would seem to suggest it's some sort of GM product or concept -- although not the Corvette ZR-1, as some have claimed. It's also got the same concept mirrors that GM loves to use and kind of looks like Bumblebee's evil Decepticon twin. The shooter also said that the car has scissor doors like a Lamborghini.
Interesting, eh?

·
Registered
329 Posts
:bounce:

Looks like the ZR1 and Camaro had a romp in the back of a car carrier and this is their evil Demon Spawn!!!!

I hope this is a preview of the C7...Very aerodynamic.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
We've heard talk of a mid-engined Corvette before, and that looks an awful lot like the classic Vette profile to me. I'd guess that it's either a C7 concept that will beget a less radical production version, or perhaps the next gen XLR concept.

Regarding how early a showing this would be for the next Corvette, let's not forget GM's tendancy to show off their designs years before production starts (ala Camaro).

By the way, I hope this movie rocks as much as the first one!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
This car looks awfully similar to the Cadillac Cien concept 7 years ago. However, I do believe this car to be the next gen Corvette. But we'll see when the movie comes out next year.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Looks like if Megatron and a C6 had a baby...
Lots of Corvette design cues in it, but looks mid engine. Dunno if I could say that is a Caddy..

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Has to be either a next gen Corvette concept.. or Cadillac sports car concept!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i remember reading that there is going to be a Chevy concept in this movie. and i guess this is it. very curious about it. maybe jazz since he is coming back and that car is silver

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
What I would like to see from this?

It be a GM concept that used Eflex...but for a performance supercar concept!
They could also use this as the "concept" for the C7 Corvette
Maybe CERV IV?

·
Registered
495 Posts
This car is sick I wonder what it is

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
A 70 mpg hybrid Corvette Concept?

It does have Corvette written all over it, at least from the photo. It has the 1968-1982 Corvette coke-bottle/mako shark look....

Mako Shark III?

Stingray?

CERV IV?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
man that looks hot! looks like a giant hotwheels toy.
I'd say its a vette

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My first thought was Cein, but it has too much of a corvette profile in it, Maybe it will be a concept of the next vette and GM will use Transformers to gauge a public responce to it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
This car looks awfully similar to the Cadillac Cien concept 7 years ago. However, I do believe this car to be the next gen Corvette. But we'll see when the movie comes out next year.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Man, wouldn't that be a hardcore ballzy move by GM if it were the next gen Cadillac XLR?!? I think we'd all stand and applaud.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts